Pencil Scarf Pattern

Hazlecreek

After talking with the original writer for the knitted version of the pencil scarf, she was nice enough to let me post my crocheted version of it.

Pencilscarf.jpg

This is only my second attempt at writing out my own pattern, the first was my Peppy Cheer Skirt, I'm not sure if it's written out so that everyone can understand it so please let me know if there is something I can do to make it easier to understand. :D

***This pattern was first designed, written, and knitted by

Zakka Life Crafts. I loved it so much that I wanted to write a crocheted version of it. The original designer was nice enough to give me permission to post my version. Thank you!***

This pattern was made for an adult.

Materials:

I skein of Lemonade, I used Caron Simply Soft.

Bits of the colors black, tan, gray, and soft pink. Size H hook or whatever works best for you and your yarn.

Notes:

For the ch 3 at the beginning of rows 10-125 and 127-135, I used a technique for filling in the chain, so that you don’t have the hole that always appears at the beginning of a row. Before you start your ch 3 take your hook to the back of your last dc. Insert your hook from back to front and pull a loop through, (two loops on your hook) turn your work, yo, pull though (one loop on hook), next insert your hook into the second diagonal loop that you just made and yo, pull though, (two loops on hook) yo and pull though. Now you can work your next reg dc. If you need to see this worked out, in real time, there is a video on my blog that has this technique and many other helpful ones. The lady says to make one for each ch needed, but I found that on this scarf if I did it would stick out on the sides, so I only did this this two times. If you don’t want to use this technique then you should ch 3 at the beginning of each row.

Pattern:

With black ch 7

Row 1: Dc in 3rd ch from hook and in each ch across, ch 3 turn. (5 dc)

Row 2-4: Dc in same sp as ch 3 (inc made), one dc in each dc across, 2 dc in loop of ch 3 of prev row (inc made), ch 3 turn. (11 dc)

Row 5-8: Color change to tan, rep row 2, 4 times. (19 dc)

Row 9: Color change to yellow. Rep row 2 once more. (21 dc)

Row 10-125: Dc in each dc across, ch 3 turn. (21 dc)

Row 126: Color change to gray. Dc in same sp as ch 3 (inc made), one dc in each dc across, 2 dc in loop of ch 3 of prev row (inc made), ch 3 turn. (23 dc)

Row 127- 129: Dc in each dc across, ch 3 turn. (23 dc)

Row 130-135: Color change to pink. Dc in each dc across ch 3 turn. On row 135 finish off.

The orginal post can be found on my blog Fresh Off The Hook.

Oh my gravy!! I fell in LOVE with this scarf when I first saw it and was seriously crushed when I saw it was knit. (I just KNEW I was gonna have to learn how to knit JUST to make it!) Well, I still want to learn to knit at some point, but I'm so excited that I can make this now instead of waiting!!

THAT is one of the BEST things I've ever seen.

EVER.

I'm thinking of so many folks who would love this. Next time there is a good sale I'm going to stock up on those colors cuz I'm planning on billions of 'em! Thank you so much. :clap

THAT is one of the BEST things I've ever seen.

EVER.

I'm thinking of so many folks who would love this. Next time there is a good sale I'm going to stock up on those colors cuz I'm planning on billions of 'em! Thank you so much. :clap

• 1 year later...

Archived