LOOPI IS GOING TO BE PUBLISHED!!!!

diamond

Question

OMG...OMG...OMG....check out this email I just opened! Was just sitting there pretty as you please in my mailbox!!! I don't even know how to respond to it, yet, as I think I'm in shock! I've never submitted anything to be published before and have never had anyone want to publish anything of mine before!! I'm in total shock I think!

Cheryl:

Jean Leinhauser and I love your sheep tape measure. We are now working on a book to be published at the end of 2005 or the start of 2006 called 100 Projects to Make with Your Crochet Hook, to be published by Sterling Publishing in New York.

We’d love to include your sheep tape measure as one of the projects. Would you consider selling us the rights to the project along with the instructions and the model? We would offer you $100, and you would, of course, be listed as the designer. You could not continue to offer it on your web site, but we’d be happy to list your web site in our book.

I look forward to hearing from you.

---Rita Weiss

I just had to share this with you all! I am so excited. Gotta call my hubby at tell him. (BTW....he caught 20 Yellowtail Snappers today and tomorrow go out for dolphin (Mahi Mahi...not Flipper). I posted this message here too because I am so excited and don't know where it really should go! I want to jump up & down!!!

CONGRATULATIONS Cheryl!! :cheerI am so happy for you. Now, doesn't that get your creative juices flowing? I bet your head is spinning. :c9

I know that magazines and larger pattern books go about accepting patterns about the same way. (except the occasional "them approach you, because your item is so WOW" way) You can look up your favorite pattern publishing companies on the internet, and just ask them for application information. They usually just email it to you. The larger companies usually have 2 different options for you. They can either buy your 1 pattern or several (but not enough for a full book) patterns straight out for a price, OR they can accept enough patterns for a full book, and you'll recieve a percentage of sales. They give you all that information when you ask for it in the beginning. I hope that helps. Great going on your pattern and happy crocheting!!

When my first design was published I was in total shock that they bought it, they sent me a contract to sign releasing all rights but my name is on it as the designer To me it was a neat to know you are good enough to be published

I have 4 doilys published :) Congratulations on yours

Thank you, Jane!

BTW.....Loopi is officially on his way to Rita Weiss & Jean Leinhauser now. I sent the pattern via email last week but Loopi didn't want to go so I made him go this week. Once she gets him, then sends me all the legal docs, I sign them, then she sends me the money, he has to be taken off my web site.

Also, there were a few minor problems with the head instructions. I've updated it so if you have the original pattern. Please print a new copy before he has to go for good.

What a wonderful turn of events! You go girl, good for you. It is a great feeling to be able to do something you love and getting this type of recognition for it, is amazingly good! You must be walking on air. You do very nice work, Loopi will probably be the first of many!

OK....I found out! Here's Rita's response!

Cheryl:

How did we see the tape measure? You posted it on Crochet Partners,

which Jean and I read diligently because we own Crochet Partners.

Looking forward to receiving everything. Send the model to me at:

Rita Weiss

Crochet Partners

address omitted

I had posted the link on Crochet Partners but had no idea Rita & Jean owned it or read it! Who knew!! It really pays to spread those links around! I only posted it on a few forums that I frequent occassionally other than here.

IF she tells you I'd really like to know...LOL!

I never got an answer as to how "they" discover sites/products.

What's important is that they did! :D

Both Jean and Rita run the website > Crochet Partners

I'm a list subscriber and receive it in digest form.

Thanx, Red!!

BTW, I also asked her how her & Jean came to 'discover' Loopi as he's only been public for less than a week (it was just a couple days when I got her email). I'll let you know what she says.

Isn't it exciting??!! I am so happy for you!

There must be lots of "eyes" out there...someone's looking around

We received emails too... under hubby's site addy. His hooks will be in "product review" for 2 crochet magazines this year. :hook

I've replied to Rita Weiss regarding the purchase of Loopi! It's officially a go! And while I was at it, I snuck in a plug for Crochetville!!! I explained how Loopi 'came to be'. I mentioned the Wish Lists, RAOKs, 1 + 1 = 2.

I also requested, as part of my payment to receive a free copy of the book when it was published & released. So I am just waiting for her reply and when she wants Loopi removed from my site. I would think not until things are signed to make it legal & binding. I'll keep you posted.

Hey all....just want to give you an update on Loopi & Rita Weiss' & Jean Leinhausers' offer. I am going to accept it but I wanted to discuss it with my hubby first and to let you all know in advance that tomorrow I will be replying to Ritas' email. I am sure once that is done, she is going to request that I remove Loopi from my website. It may be tomorrow or a few days, a week, who knows when she'll ask it to be removed. So if you want the pattern and haven't printed it yet. Do so as soon as you can. I hate having to take him down but to have him published by Rita & Jean is such an honor for me that I must. So get him while he can be gotten. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the book and buy it.

Alisha, I have no idea how they came to see it. I didn't send it to them, I know that much. I wouldn't even know how to begin to send a design/pattern in anywhere to get published. What do you do? Send just the design/pattern? Send the finished product? I have no idea. But they want Loopi, too. The actual finished product along with the instructions. I am curious as to how they 'discovered' him tho. It's been eating at me. I think when I do return their email, I'll ask out of curiousity. I wonder if they browse the net or the forums looking for things like this. Maybe they've stopped in here a time or 2, incognito of course.

And if I would ever think to send something in to be published, I would think I would send to a magazine before an actual publishing company or well-known publishers. I would think the chances would be greater with a magazine.

Archived