Graph ghan pattern maker!!!

I have a friend whom I give a picture to and he gives me a graph I can follow to make graph ghans with. I hate bugging him so much and not compensating him for his hard work. Plus it takes a while sometimes. So, I've been looking for a computer program to make my patterns automatically. I wasn't too satified with the quality of the free one (not enough squares even in the large and hard to tell what color is what) suggested in this forum and I'm not interested in paying that much for the Stitch computer program. I just found this site: http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/beads.php and I knew I had to share it with y'all. To make it work for crochet, just upload your picture and select blocks from the drop down menu instead of beads.

dont know whats wrong but its not working for me :think I choose a photo from the browse button clicked on center, choose blocks then clicked create and then it said choose and upload a photo.....But I did that :yes

Oh well....

NEVER MIND I GOT IT LOL

dont know whats wrong but its not working for me :think I choose a photo from the browse button clicked on center, choose blocks then clicked create and then it said choose and upload a photo.....But I did that :yes

Oh well....

NEVER MIND I GOT IT LOL

I got the same thing. We must be missing something. :lol

Thanks for the link! There have been a couple of things that I have wanted to graph, and now I can!

Thank you!! :hook

Thanks for all the response! I'm so glad to help!!! I haven't been able to crochet lately because I've had some wrist pain. So helping y'all is the only crocheting I can do right now.

I was planning on doing a large width so even this program isn't enough. What I can do is enlarge it to the size I want and then cut it into peices. Then run those through the program and then put it back together. Did that make sense?

wow! that truely is a great link. There are all sorts of thing I can use that for. It does save a huge amount of time compared to graphing it yourslf. The quickest way I did it before was to use acetate sheets (like what teachers use on overhead projectors) that i drew sraight lines onto vertically and horizontally. Set it on top of the picture I wanted to use. Using tape (carefully mind you) to keep them secured together. It works! Granted no where as detailed as this link does! It is also great if you love to draw and want to make a bigger or smaller drawing of your picture depending on how big or small graph squares are on your acetate compared to your paper.

• 8 years later...

Archived