Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all. Ok, I didn't do anymore hexagons but I did sew the next row on, so now 7 rows sewn together! I am up to 6 rows on the flag ghan. So still at 366 hexagons.

I wish my hubby would untangle my mess Endweaver! LOL then I would try graph ghans again. At least he helped me untangle my hair this morning, had the flu the last two days.. so sick, when I started feeling human again my hair looked like interconnecting birdnests! OW:eek

You go HoneyDew :cheer

Dale, I'm working on a butterfly afghan that has 499 hexagons, hand sewn together... I can't imagine the nightmare of having to do all the ends at once!! Here is a :hug of encouragement!

Wow your making a lot of progress Cindy!

BIG project Jenny! Good Luck with your :crocheting

Sorry about the confusion Dale:lol, I am blushing here.

Hi Christie! I hope you feel better soon, watch your sugar when you are sick ok? Good for you on getting more done and thanks.

Krystal,I am done with all the squares, I have the last row all sewed together of squares and now I just have to sew that row on to the afghan and I am done! But not tonight, I am in pain and it's late, time for me to go to bed my hubby is calling me.:D

Hi K and others, I am actually down to my last 9 swap squares with 7 days to go before the Crochet-Olympics. Nothing like that last minute training sesson, hope I don't injure my crocheting muscles and have to wait 4 years..:lol

Okay, I only made it up to 17 motifs totally complete yesterday so I'll see what I can get done today. I think I'm close to catching up though (fingers crossed)

ROLL CALL!!

For Thursday July 31, 2008

Me - Bear Claw R190**********

Me - Sweet Dreams - FINISHED!

Tracy - Cuddle - on hold for border

Wendy - Both S110*

Brenda - M63*

Sherri - S352

Laura - Hook R92 - caught up

Mr. Laura Endweaver - 25 Ends ****

Jeannie - Children S129 and holding

Karen - Sweater on hold

Honey - Joining!

Cats - Basket R130*****

Janet - Afghan R77************:tryme

Cindy - Wedding next motifs 24******

Christi - hex R370*

Christi - Flag R6**

Meegan - Swap Squares

Dale - Square Ends S22

Jenny - King R6*

Diane - Diagonal R266*

Have a Happy, Hookin' Day!

Hi everyone. My last row of squares should be on the afghan by now, but we went to the local amusement park and spent the whole day there. I went on a real rollercoaster that I had not gone on before. I went on the kiddie ones before but this one was an upside down one. I aam tired and sore now and sunburnt. WE are ending the day out this late even with a movie and ice cream to complete our mini vacation theme and I took tomarro off to recover:eek:lol:D. I will from now on plan on two days when I do the amusment park, one for the park and one to rest up. We got our pictures taken too. Three of the kids went. But they are all grown. Had lots of fun but now to get busy on the afghan. :cheer:clap I will make the deadline if I hurry.

Okay, I have 24 of my big motifs completely done including weaving in the ends. I've only got 11 more to go until those are done :clap what a relief that will be. According to the instructions I'm supposed to sew all 35 of them together before starting the next step which is to crochet the 82 "sewn on strips". I have no idea where this puts me in relationship to the list because I'm even confused at what I'm doing half the time but I'm pretty sure I'll still make the deadline (fingers crossed anyhow).

I wanted to join the crochet games too but I'm not sure if that will be possible. I'll have to think about it a few more days.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Cindy - honestly, I'm not sure where you're at either! :lol

I have it broken up into:

SETA: 35 motifs

SETB: 82 motifs

SETC: 44 motifs

In order to finish by 10/21,

You should have the 35 motifs of SETA completely done

and 25 of the SETB completely done by today.

Does this help you?

Cindy - honestly, I'm not sure where you're at either! :lol

I have it broken up into:

SETA: 35 motifs

SETB: 82 motifs

SETC: 44 motifs

In order to finish by 10/21,

You should have the 35 motifs of SETA completely done

and 25 of the SETB completely done by today.

Does this help you?

:lol I'm sorry this one is so confusing, sometimes the beauty of the finished piece is all I see and I don't even notice things like how the pattern is 4 pages long and the word "experienced" next to skill level :lol Not that I'm not somewhat experience but sheesh, this sucker is time consuming!

I think that what might be best is to add another 35 motifs to SetA making it a total of 70. I had to do the main part of the 35 and then go back and add to each and every one of them which has taken quite a bit of time since they don't all get the same stuff added.

I am still going to try and be done by 10-21 though!

Hallo, I did up to 14 rows on light blue section. It look like I might need to do few more, maybe 2-4 rows. I will do it today, finish up the section.

I am still undecided on the idea of moving onto next color section. As it's 7 days until the Games, I am not sure if I am able to finish the next section.

Archived