Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

No problem, K. :)

The project I will do for two weeks (until the time Crochet Games start) is:

1) Car Diagonal Blanket

2) Estimated rows' total count: about 500 rows

3) Completed rows count: about 260 rows (estimated 55 % done)

4) Light Blue section - due by August 7. 12 rows estimated to finish the blue section.

I decide to do it by sections. It's my own design and I am totally going with the flow with this blanket. It have no absolute deadline - I pick it up when I feel it's right time to do so. This blanket is so huge and it take me almost two years on and off to finish it. For now, I will said the actual deadline to complete the blanket is Dec 9th. (A day before my birthday)

Please put me up for light blue section - 12 more rows to complete the section by August 7th. Hope it won't confuse anyone. :)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ki, I've been bad, I signed up for another August swap.

Now I have 1 varigated (12inch), 1 RWB (12 inch) 14 Granny daughters, plus 1 dishcloth, another 12 incher and 8 more 6inchers to go before the Olympic Games. :whew

I did finish my dishcoth and the 10 known 6inchers. Off to start the RWB before bed.:clap

I am working on the second square of the three I have to do. I have alot of stars, for only three left to do. I will make my deadline of End of July Maybe. Better hurry. I will count my squares tomarro and tell you how many I have.

K~I have been asked that and it was by an elderly resident at work just before i found out I was pregnant. But it was still really emberassing to think that I looked that way in my scrubs. I also think it has made me more self concious since i have been pregnant.

anyway, no work done on the crw. spent my time last night reading. :)

Diane - to meet your deadlines, you need to do 2 rows / day.

Honey - I've got your progress fixed.

Meegan - I'm not sure I can keep track of all the different things! :think Perhaps I'll just put "Swap Squares" on your Roll Call. :shrug

Off to get today's roll call ready...

(So Mr. Endweaver doesn't try to squirm out of doing them!)

ROLL CALL!!

For Tuesday July 29, 2008

Me - Bear Claw R186********

Me - Sweet Dreams - Finish Border

Tracy - Cuddle - on hold for border

Wendy - Both S108*****

Brenda - M61

Sherri - S348

Laura - Hook R90 - caught up

Mr. Laura Endweaver - 15 Ends **

Jeannie - Children S129 and holding

Karen - Sweater on hold

Honey - S22 done

Cats - Basket R128******

Janet - Afghan R75*********:tryme

Cindy - Wedding next motifs 22***********:tryme

Christi - hex R368

Christi - Flag R4

Meegan - Swap Squares

Dale - Square Ends S20**

Diane - Diagonal R262

I have moved those who haven't posted in a long time to the inactive list.

:(

I'm doing my best to catch up, really I am. I'm setting myself a goal to be caught up by the end of the week. Since I'm not finishing up one whole motif at a time it'll be hard to gauge until all 24 are done (hopefully those are the next motifs I'm supposed to be working on). Right now I'm working on step 2 of 3 to finish them up but only have 6 more to go for step 2, then I'll start seeing some progress. I really hope I can get them caught up before I'm supposed to start my next step.

Do the ***'s just mean we're behind?

Welcome to the newcomers, alebeit a bit late. Dale, are you telling us there is a new male crocheter added to our group? That's great.

Still working on the square will have it done today and maybe start on the next.

I just noticed we have gone from the christmas cal to the RAD cal, how cool is that.

Square Ends S18 = finished

Christi, I don't have a sewing machine to sew on a backing. Weaving in all these ends has taught me a lesson. Next time I'll weave in the ends as each square is crocheted instead of waiting until all the squares are done.

snapdragon, I'm a female. :)

Things used to get confusing in my high school classes - there were two Dales (one male one female), two Kellys (again one male one female) and two Karens and two Darrens. Easy to get into even more trouble when one of us was horsing around... :devil

I can imagine all the confusion there would've been! I've never met another female Dale. I guess I'm used to the confusion with my name. I did make sure I named my kids names that are not used for both boys and girls.

We always learn from our parents' mistakes. I made sure to name my kids something that couldn't be shortened to annoying nicknames. :yes

K~M61 complete. Please add 15 Motifs to my total that needs to get done. It is helping alot to feel like I am keeping up instead of continually behind. :)

Look Mr. Endweaver, I wouldn't have had a tangle if I wasn't trying to save you ends by carrying the colors along the side.

Good job he is home alone this weekend. When he thinks about missing me he can do lots of ends muhahaha :rofl

I'm done with step 3 of four on these 24 motifs! Now I can add the final step and actually count some more motifs as done. Not sure if I said it before but I do have 11 of the main 24 motifs totally done. My goal is to bump that # up to at least 20 today.

I'm jumping in here, to give me some incentive to get my crocheting done. I'm finding it all too easy to just sit at the computer when my boys are abed rather than pick up a project that shows little or no progress.

1. Name of project: King Size blanket

2. How many rows total in it: 243 (9 rows on 27 strips)

3. How many rows you have completed on it: None.. hasn't even started.

4. When you need it done by: I'm hoping for Oct 1st, but no later than Christmas.

1. Name of project: Limey Laddie Baby blanket

2. How many rows total in it: 180

3. How many rows you have completed on it: 84

4. When you need it done by: New Year's Eve

Archived