Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cindy, gorgeous work! Love the baby ghan and, of course, that adorable duck; and basket weave afghan is beautiful. Fantastic picture you took of it, too. Looks like it belongs in a pattern book or magazine.

Except for the dog butt, that is! :lol

I'm tired of 8" squares and tired of waiting for DD to let me know what 6-1/2 yo grandson would like. So, I finally got in the mood to pick up the work on my We're All God's Children crocheted quilt. I'll still be making 8" squares, though.

Today, I made 6 saltines and stitched 'em together horizontally.:clap Two rows of 3 each. Continuing to work across one block. A block is 7 across and 9 down. Have to make 9 blocks.

Krystal, will let you know where I am with it later. I already have most of the saltines made for one body. :)

Question: When you slip stitch these crackers together should you be able to pull the yarn through them to tighten or loosen the "seam"? I can pull mine as if to gather them up.

When I slip stitch squares together, I have to be careful not to pull too tightly, because if I do the squares tend to "pillow" out and the ghan doesn't lay flat.

Have a great day everyone!

Right but I just wanted to be sure that's how it's supposed to be. Thanks!

When I slip stitch squares together, I have to be careful not to pull too tightly, because if I do the squares tend to "pillow" out and the ghan doesn't lay flat.

Have a great day everyone!

See how unobservant I am? Went back to look and lo and behold! I saw a basset face. :lol

Funny thing is that there actually is a basset face in the pic too, just belongs to another basset :D I have 3 of them, well 4 right now with my foster basset.

For the block I'm working on for the We're All God's Children quilt, I'm using a light peach for the face and cornmeal for the hair. Do you think those colors are okay? I know Cara suggests cornmeal for a face but we thought it looked good for a blond.:) But just not too sure about the peach. It's very light; it's Bernat SV. I don't think many of you can get Bernat at your stores though.

Cindy - love the afghans, beautiful work!

Krystal - I did 3 more rows of my camp blanket (have 14 more to do). Am trying to push myself to finish up before the deadline of the 16th...

I think I am going to do one of Cara's quilt's for a Christmas present, so I'll let you know when I am ready. I'm just leery of doing all of those saltines as I detest joining squares.

Didn't start the scrap yet. Guess I am waiting to get this camp blanket done. Getting excited that it's this close!!

Krystal, thanks for the color advice. Maybe I'll make some punk rockers :2rock with purple and pink hair, huh. :lol I modified the block so I can make some boy kids, too.

Here's where I am with the All God's Children quilt -- I've already made 27 saltines out of the total of 567 which leaves 540 to go. I plan to make 3 saltines per day which will have me finishing by the end of October, if my calculations are correct.

:clap I get a percentage bar again!:clap Doesn't take much to make me happy. :D

Thanks, Dearie! :hug

I got M27 and M28 rows done today :yay now I'll spend the rest of the day that I crochet on the 1st CRW to get it a little further along.

Jeannie I wouldn't worry which color to use. As long as you like the look that's all that matters.

Cindy Love the ghans!! Very pretty!

Jeannie I wouldn't worry which color to use. As long as you like the look that's all that matters.
Thank you, Heather, but ooh, that's dangerous to tell me don't worry about colors [just teasing]. Remember I'm color challenged.:lol See my siggy??

Tabby - I think the reason our count is off is because sometimes you post "today's square done" and that's what I marked, was TODAY's square, but there are days you didn't do one, so I'm off-count. I fixed it, though.

Everyone:

If you have the number of what you're posting (row, squares) then post that number, it will help me keep on track better.

I've been busy, as DD's party is coming up this weekend. Sorry I'm behind again!

Roll Call:

Me: Bear Claw 32

Dots... well, need to do some?

Tracy -to S92

Tracy - to R55

Tab - Tetris to S112

Tab - Navajo to R152

Wendy - Both to S22

Donna - S60

Desiredd - To R33

TMKA - To R19

Heather - M29

Brenda - M21

Brenda - Baby to R125

Sherri - to S138

Laura - where are you? :think to R12

Cathy - Blue Cow to R42

Cindy - Camp one row

Jeannie - Square

Jeannie - Children to S27

ffsweety - sweater to R9

Roxy - Baby to R85

Roxy - Square

Karen - Peach to R42

Karen - Sweater to R40

Cheerios - Mater to R23

Shelby - to R39

Pickles - Ripple to R30

Kristen - Square to 11

Kristen - S to 3

Shelby - Scrap to R5

Sore - Afghan to R69

I've been busy, as DD's party is coming up this weekend. Sorry I'm behind again!
Apology unnecessary as far as I'm concerned. DD's party comes first. Which DD? Hoping and praying you have good weather and no rain. :sun

I finished row 69 and 70 today. Here's a pic of the basic pattern:

th_StripesAfghan2-1.jpg

the original pattern is for reds, oranges, and yellows but my bedroom is all natural tones so this will go beautifully.

Yesterday was a baaaad hooking day. I had to frog half a top of a slipper five times! So I walked away from it till today. LOL.

You guys are great. I love reading about how much each person has done and all the lovely comments. It's definitely inspiring me to work on mine!

Sore

Hmmmm....I need to count my crw and up date Krystal on the count. Also I only have 4 left on the baby afghan which will not get done today as I have to much going on around here this evening. My dh is doing as well as can be expected after his visit to the dental surgeon. Wish I could do more to comfort him...:(

Archived