Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

I am up to row 35 on my blanket, I have trouble putting it down when I get started. :lol I took a photo earlier and will upload them later. Still have to do my saltines, will let you know when I have.

Krystal, thank you for the great job you are doing on all our progress bars and keeping us up to date. :hug

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Aww, hey Zeus, you big ol' pussy cat." (wagging his tail and probably knocking me down as he jumps up to give me big doggie kisses) :P

"Good boy" (while I scratch his ears and he falls over in ecstasy) :lol

OK, if you're not afraid of my bat, how 'bout if I sick my dawg on you - he is RUTHLESS, MEAN and VICIOUS!!!! :rofl :rofl

Do you believe it? Didn't think so :no

Here's my bear claw:

th_042508bearclaw.jpg

The good news is that it's coming out nicely. The BAD news is that according to my calculations, I'll need about 300 rows (YEP, 300!) in order to get it to the length I want....

Don't worry about me going anywhere! LOL!

The blue and black round ripple.... is known as the blue cow. LOL it kinda resembles one. it is on row 30 it is 43" with a k hook. i want to go another 15 rows that would make it how big? about 60"?

I will be starting a purple and gold RR its name will be the tiger... it will be the same size.... wanting it to fit a queen sized bed.

I really like the idea of naming your projects. I've never done that before but I'm going to start now :hook I'll call the afghan I'm crocheting diagran and I'll call the afghan I'm knitting (though I'm thinking of converting the pattern to crochet because knitting seems to take me a lot longer) winit.

On a side note, I have done both of my squares for the day :yay

Here's my bear claw:

th_042508bearclaw.jpg

The good news is that it's coming out nicely. The BAD news is that according to my calculations, I'll need about 300 rows (YEP, 300!) in order to get it to the length I want....

Don't worry about me going anywhere! LOL!

Bear Claw is looking great! Gonna be so pretty when it's done. :yes Oooh's and Aaah's!!

Hmmm... that must be another Zeus, 'cuz mine doesn't HAVE a tail!!!! :rofl
He may not have a long tail but he does have a stub to wag. We would call the Cockers I used to have "shaky-butts".:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Sorry I haven't been on. I had to move yesterday. Me and my ex broke up. I had to untangle all my yarn because it got all tangled in the move. I plan on getting some rows done tonight, however I will be starting row 19.....

He may not have a long tail but he does have a stub to wag. We would call the Cockers I used to have "shaky-butts".:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

We call Zeus "Waggle Butt" :lol

Cheerios, I'm so sorry things are tough for you right now. I hope this is the beginning of a new and calmer period of your life.

Completed Rows 23 and 24 today. Will probably continue more later and get ahead in the next few days as I have started bed rest.

Went to the dr on Tuesday and they are estimating the baby already weighing 8lbs 4oz and I still have 4 week to go! They will probably be enducing me in the next 2 weeks though so she doesnt get too big! But I definetely feel like I am walking around with a watermelon between my legs! Can't wait for it to be over!

Cheerios- I'm sorry to hear about you and your ex! But sometimes its for the better! :yes By the way also took a look at your blog and LOVE the butterfly afghan. Do you do the graphs yourself?

Krystal finished todays square. It caused me to complete another vertical row so now vertical rows 1,2 and 4 are done and I'm sewing 1 and 2 together now. I'm hoping that makes life tons easier in two weeks when the squares are done. :yes

Cheerios, :hugs

Cheerios, I absolutely LOVE the butterfly afghan!! Your blog said to leave an email address if interested in the pattern but I'm apparently dense and can't figure out where to put it. I would really like to know how to make it.

Pickles, hang in there. I just had my baby girl 6 weeks ago (I had her at 39 weeks) and felt like I had a watermelon between my legs for the last 6 weeks of that. She wasn't a big baby either so I can't even imagine what you're going through. I was on bed rest for the last month of my first pregnancy and it was no fun but I got lots of projects finished!! I really wish a full term pregnancy was only 6 months because after that point it's just uncomfortable!!

Oh, I don't believe those darned estimates of the baby's weight. It is such a statistical farce. If you look, they'll tell you that they are accurate +/- 20%. Well, if they tell you it's 7lbs, that means it can really be between 5.5 and 8.5... Pretty much the whole darned population.

At 11AM they told me my daughter was 7lbs 4 oz by ultrasound. When I had her at 4PM, she was 8lbs 14oz. DH looked at me and said "What did you EAT on the way, Miracle-Gro?!?!"

Oh, I don't believe those darned estimates of the baby's weight. It is such a statistical farce. If you look, they'll tell you that they are accurate +/- 20%. Well, if they tell you it's 7lbs, that means it can really be between 5.5 and 8.5... Pretty much the whole darned population.

At 11AM they told me my daughter was 7lbs 4 oz by ultrasound. When I had her at 4PM, she was 8lbs 14oz. DH looked at me and said "What did you EAT on the way, Miracle-Gro?!?!"

:rofl:rofl

The bear claw looks great!

Cheerios - :hug

Krystal - I've been really busy today, but I just did one of the 10 rows that I am behind on for the camp blanket. The scrap, where oh where is the scrap afghan? (not even started yet) Gonna get off of here shortly and do some more.

We all know how much we like to make those BIG THINGS for Christmas... all those wonderful afghans and sweaters and ... tablecloths!

According to my friend Wendy (Aussie), there are 264 days until Christmas (as of today). So let's all knuckle down and start that big project we're planning on making RIGHT NOW. Get yourself ready to go, and we'll do a row a day 'til Christmas!

What are you going to make? You could probably get two afghans done if you start now (depending on the pattern), so maybe you might even be ready long before that holiday rush gets you. IF you have a bunch of small things you're going to make instead, those count, too! Just do a row, section, piece, portion, morsel, iota, ditty, every day and we'll all make it to Christmas together without any stress!

Sad to say, but the afghan I'm making is actually KNIT, but I hope you'll forgive me that transgression. (please??) I'm a new knitter, and that's why I'm only doing a row a day. Can we say SLOW???

11perc.pngKrystal -Row/day Bear Claw Afghan

83perc.pngKrystal - Dots Afghan

20perc.pngTracyStroebel - 4 squares/day 2 Shawlers, 2 Cuddleghans

13perc.png

60perc.pngQueenOfCrochet/Tabby - Square/day tetris Tetris Afghan and Navajo

55perc.pngQueenOfCrochet/Tabby - Row/day Navajo

7perc.pngAussie/Wendy - Square/day Pink butterfly quilt afghan

7perc.pngAussie/Wendy - Square/day Purple butterfly quilt afghan

84perc.pngSewnSew/Donna - Square/day 63 squares afghan

71perc.pngSewnSew/Donna - Row/Day Golden Eagle Graphghan

6perc.pngMomNWife/Desiree - Row/Day Painted Desert Afghan

9perc.pngTMKA - Row/Day Cable Afghan

16perc.pnghseger/Heather - Cathedral Rose Window Afghan

14perc.pnggoofy/Brenda - motif/day Cathedral Rose Window Afghan

80perc.pnggoofy/Brenda - 5 rows/day Baby blanket

30perc.pngSheffnJerri/ Sherri - 2sq/day Quiltghan

18perc.pngLDyer1/Laura - Tablecloth

7perc.pngLdyer1/Laura - Latch Hook

15perc.pngCathy - 3Sq/Day Desert Quilt ghan

Cathy - Row/Day Blue Cow RR

Cindy - Row/Day Basketweave Afghan

Jeannie - Square/Day

42perc.pngBeth - 3Rows/Day Sweater

KrystalK - Square/Day

65perc.pngRoxy/krazy kitty - Row/Day Baby

Roxy/krazy-kitty - Square / day

50perc.pngKaren/econ-nerd Row/Day Peach baby Shells

8perc.pngKaren/econ-nerd 2Rows/Day - knit sweater

2perc.pngCheerios - Row/Day Mater Afghan

DONE! Cathy - Bag Row/Day

DONE!Karen/econ-nerd - Pink Baby Shells Row/Day

DONE!Cindy - Row/Day Sweet Dreams Babyghan

02.jpg

How do you make that % chart? That is so cool!

Krystal~LOL that is funny!

Pickles~I can't even really sympathize with you as my pregnancy went so well. I felt the best ever when I was pregnant. My only complaint was that my son kept trying to come out of the side of my belly. My dh and i would lay in bed at night and watch him and tell him to head down...lol

I am cought up on both projects but don't have today's finished. I am going to go work on them now.

Archived