Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK.. so I've got everyone updated.

Cindy - the reason your name hasn't been on was because you were very far ahead of your row a day and I didn't know if you wanted me to bump you up.

Everyone - I will automatically bump you up the extra days if you get ahead from now on.

If you are behind and want me to push you back, just let me know. Otherwise, I'll just keep posting the row you're supposed to be at.

Today's Roll Call

ME: row 21 of bear claw

Lots to catch up on with Dots

Tracy - Up to S 56

Tabby - Tetris to S117

Tabby - Navajo to R144

Wendy - S12 on both

Donna - S50

Desiree - Desert R15

TMKA - Cable R12

Heather - CRW M14

Brenda - on sabbatical ;)

Sherri - to S120

Laura - to R11 Hook

Cathy - to S108 Desert

Cathy - RR to R34

Cindy - Basket R1

Jeannie - Square

ffsweety - to R33

KK Square

Roxy - to R76 Baby

Roxy - Square

Karen - Peach to R28

Karen - Sweater to R22 (you'll be done 10/16 BTW)

Cheerios - Butterfly to R190

Shelby - Afghan to R19

V - another strip

PIckles - Ripple R19

Tracy - Blanket to R15

Shelby - Scrap to R3

Cindy - the reason your name hasn't been on was because you were very far ahead of your row a day and I didn't know if you wanted me to bump you up.

Oh okay, sorry about that. Thanks Krystal. I'll get going on the basket weave:hook

Done through row 14, and I have to say, I'm really unimpressed with what I've got so far. :( Not sure if it's me or if I'm just not loving this pattern. I'm going to give it a few more days before I scrap the whole stinkin' thing.

I have done my 4 for the day and all saltines are stitched together so far. :yay
Tracy, how do you get the saltines stitched together as you go without having tons of more loose ends? Probably a dumb question.

I wanna work on We're All God's Children quiltghan and I'd like to stitch 'em together as I go. The background of it is buff (the majority of the saltines) so I would think I could begin stitching those together with buff from a new skein and just not cut the yarn until I have to. Like when I begin saltines in other colors. Am I making any sense?:think

K, still haven't talked to my daughter so it may be awhile before a choice is made for my darling grandson's ghan. She is one busy woman even when it's not tax season.

Can someone tell a clueless newby what a saltine is?
I once had the same question and started calling them crackers :lol. A saltine is a 2-1/2 inch granny square. You put them all together to make beautiful crocheted quilts. Our own Misa aka Cara of Happy Yellow House has very beautiful designs. Amazing how they all look like beautiful quilts.

Jeannie, I am making the Bus cuddle, so I have a rows of the same colour to put together at the moment, no need to be changing joining yarn. I did the first row (19 saltines) and when I started working on the next row I started joining them together. Confused yet? :lol Here is a picture I took today to try to explain how I am doing mine at the moment. I am on the third row now.

th_100_1225.jpg

I looked at the Gods Children ghan, I think the best way for that one might be to break it down into 5x5 or 6x6 saltines and put those 25 or 36 together and then move onto the next block? :think

Hi, I'm Kristen and I think this is a great idea!! I only just found this forum and this will be my first CAL...I may actually get my projects done on time ;) . I'm going to start 2 afghans. The first is a crochet pattern :crocheting and I have to make 111 full squares, 16 half squares and add fringe. The second is a knit pattern :knit and I have to make 35 squares and add a border. I'm not sure how much I'll have to do each day to get them done in time so I may need some help figuring that out.

I once had the same question and started calling them crackers :lol. A saltine is a 2-1/2 inch granny square. You put them all together to make beautiful crocheted quilts. Our own Misa aka Cara of Happy Yellow House has very beautiful designs. Amazing how they all look like beautiful quilts.

Ahh, got it, thanks!! I have actually looked at her site several times. Those ghans are gorgeous, maybe someday I'll have the guts to try one.

Kristen - I have you all filled in to do a square a day on the crochet, and then a square every other day on the knit. You'll be done mid-October. I gave you extra time for those knit squares, because knitting sure takes ME longer! LOL!

I have everyone else marked down.

I had two more seizures yesterday. I ended up getting sick and when I woke this morning I had a awful headache and all my muscles hurt to bad. I am feeling much better now though. Hopefully no more seizers.....they hurt lol.

Archived