Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Managed to work out where I went wrong on the baby blanket, missed a dc 3 rows below, so had to frog them, which is a bit annoying as I was 1 stitch away from finishing row 67 and I had the right amount of shells.

So have corrected the mistake re-did the frogged rows and completed row 67, so tommorrow is row 68, unless I do some more tonight.

K- I'm done with M9

tomorrow I'm doing 4 triangles that count as 1 motif in my figures for counting the rows.

Love that butterfly graph very pretty!!

WOW!

I like that, are you doing sc or tunisian stitch?

I am doing it in sc. I will be starting a elvis ghan and I think I am going to try tunisian with the graph for the first time. I did a tunisian ghan for my finaces mom for christmas but it was just blocks. Wish me luck lol.

V - I haven't added you yet, because I haven't decided how MANY you need to do! LOL!

Wendy - got you.

Cheerios - (Melissa is your name?) OK, I have you for a total of 252 rows and you just finished 182. Right? :yes :yes

Sherri - got you.

Shelby - is this your afghan you're working on? What row have you finish up to? Row 6 total?

Cathy - What is s 72? Row 72 on your sweet dreams?

Gotcha, Roxy!

Got you, too - Heather.

I am doing it in sc. I will be starting a elvis ghan and I think I am going to try tunisian with the graph for the first time. I did a tunisian ghan for my finaces mom for christmas but it was just blocks. Wish me luck lol.

Good luck with the Elvis ghan, I have tried tunisian crochet, it's not that difficult, but takes a while to do (well it takes me ages anyway).

V- OK, now I have some time to breathe!

Why don't you try strip 1 with 8 motifs and strip 2 with 9 motifs? See how long they get.

If you do the motifs one day, and border and join the second day, you should be good to go in under a month. Let's see how long that strip is.

Hi everyone...still haven't gotten the chance to really pick out what I want to work on ... will definitely pick at least one by this weekend so I can pick up the yarn and get started on this - but first MUST complete baby blanket for co-worker by this week...almost done.

I have actually looked at the guilt-ghans and think that might be a project I'd like to tackle. I just hate all the joining of squares :thumbdown

Still missing for today:

ME - row of bear claw (in the middle of it!)

TMKA - Cable Row

Cathy - Desert up to S33

Jeannie - Shawl R48

Jeannie - Square

KK - Square

Roxy - Baby R68

V - 8Motifs

I managed to do a few rows and up to row 70 now

Whew! What a day. Just got done reading through what I missed... Curiousity finally got me, what are the HP books?

Krystal - I think I told you I had 58 rows to finish on this camp blanket and you told me I needed to do 1 row yesterday and 2 rows from here on to be finished by May 16th. Does that ring a bell? Anyway, I frogged 6 rows but redid them +2 more. Confuzed yet??

Krystal can you put me down for 1 square a day as well, gonna try and get aload of pet blankts done ready to donate b4 xmas to the PDSA.

Cheers

I have already done my 1 square for today, will do my row on the baby blanket later, gonna go to bed now.

Oh, I almost forgot, here's the stuffed duck I made the other day instead of working on my rows.

He's my very first non afghan. Isn't he cute?

2419430199_5c37425d84.jpg

Adorable!

I have spent the past two days in heated battle with my insurance company because, get this, they won't send me my INSULIN, because they say there's no therapeutic benefit to prescribing the dosage I require.

That is to say, I have a firm policy on not crocheting while I'm angry because if I DO, then I work my stitches so tight I manage to significantly change my gauge. :lol I didn't get my row done today.

I'll do double duty tomorrow.

I would like to join if its not too late!

The project I would like to finish is an afghan for my mom for Christmas. It is from a book called "100 afghans to knit and crochet" The pattern is called Chevrons and Diamonds. It has 198 rows plus the edging. Oh, and by the way, I haven't started it yet! HAHA I am having a baby girl next month and am feverishly trying to finish all the baby projects I have started. Also, the way the patten is written is TERRIBLY confusing so I will need to re-write it before starting to get a better understanding of what I'm doing. My goal is to start re-writing the pattern tomorrow and maybe start the first row or 2. I will let you know for sure how far I get. This CAL is EXACTLY what I needed for encourgemant to get this finished before Christmas and still be able to work on other projects. Thanks for your help! :yay

Archived