Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand when you say it's a 3x5 rows of trucks ghan.

Are the ghans made like Cara's? Are the squares itty bitty like hers?

I just don't know if I'd have the sticktuitness to make all those squares, whip stitch them all together and sew in all the loose ends.

As it is, I started on her All God's Children pattern back before Thanksgiving and don't even have enough squares for half a block. I don't really mind the bi-color squares. It's just they're so little and there's so many of them.

Yes it is the itty bitty squares and what I meant with the 3x5 is it has five rows of trucks horizontally and 3 rows up vertically of trucks. 15 trucks in different colors. It looks quite cute and would make a great blanket for a boy.

lol, you know what is funny about bubble and squeak. I NEVER HAD IT IN ENGLAND! When I moved here I moved in with my mother who had lived her 12 of my 14 years at that point and she made it the day after every big meal with the left over carrots, potatoes, turkey, ham, whatever was left, mashed it up and it bubbles and squeaks. Well, the day after xmas I was saying to the cook at work that he should make it and he said "What????" "squeeks, huh, Must be because you're British". I truly never knew it was english, figured my mother picked it up here!

Its wicked good (my mass accent kicking in) with a little ketchup mixed in....

Haggis is icky, but black pudding I loved as a child until I found out what it was.

Oh and so others know, Tracy was my ksp, and she kept talking about english food in conversation and I so wanted to droool and tell her but I didn't until the end because I didn't want to get found out. Sausage rolls on Mother's day almost brought me to tears lol.

And then she talks about a double decker, my absolute fav choco bar from england! If she had been talking about haggis then I wouldn't be jealous, hehe! Or Faggots, or steak and kidney pie.

English breakfast fry up was my American Husbands favorite meal in UK. He had about 5 of them in a 10 day stay.

Yeah I am sorry about that. I must have figured it wrong. I am doubling my count and didn't figure it right when I posted it on here. As of right now I have 178 rows out of 252 done. I might have also meant I was on row 94(which makes more sense to me). I am currently on row 74. Sorry about that again.....

okay, I'm finished with row 67 so I made up for yesterday and then some. I also finished making my duck. I'll try to get pics of him tomorrow, he's really cute.

Yeah I am sorry about that. I must have figured it wrong. I am doubling my count and didn't figure it right when I posted it on here. As of right now I have 178 rows out of 252 done. I might have also meant I was on row 94(which makes more sense to me). I am currently on row 74. Sorry about that again.....

OK, I'm still comfuzzled. If you have 178 rows out of 252 done, how are you currently on row 74?

Here is the pink baby shells blankie I finished up :manyheart Once I am done with the care blanket I'll get back to the peach shells.

th_DSC08335.jpg

Very pretty!

:) Laura, I mentioned the DD cos I had been investigating that day and was testing you! I did really have one, though. :yes I love them, only discovered them last year, though. Ok, what are Faggots (I only know the rude meaning) and have been wanting to find out? My aunt always used to make bubble & squeak for snacks when we were children in South Africa.

Still have to do my squares today. :(

Still need to hear from:

TMKA - Cable Row 7

Cathy - Pillow Rounds 10

Cathy - Desert Squares to 33

KK - Square

Roxy - Baby Row to 67

Shelby - Afghan R1

I've still gotta do my dots motifs.. :(

Sorry I didn't manage to sort out the error in the baby blanket, fell asleep on the sofa, will have a go today and do a few rows.

LOl ok everyone will get a kick out of this lol. I am reading my pattern upside down lol. I am not sure what row I am on now lol. :confused I do have 70 rows left to do if that helps any lol. Its probably better I say I only have that many rows left since I do not know what row I am on now lol. I think it would put me on row 182 if I am correct......I hope I got it right this time it took me a few minutes to correct my graph. It was numbered starting from the bottom going up so I started on row 252 thats what got me confused lol....

Krystal,

I have s 72 done.... i ditched the pillow only because I wasnt liking how it looked. I am working on the graph tho.... its easier than I thought. I am working on the blue cow rr also.... got 2 more rows done on that also... fyi row 23 on blue cow.

Archived