Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

Krystal you are doing such a great job - I have more for you!

I have an afghan that I am trying to finish up. I have 58 more rows to do and I want to finish it by May 16th. Too lazy to do the math, since you have a great spreadsheet...

Please keep me on track!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I'll be updating progress bars today. I'm finishing my taxes and thoroughly ticked off at TurboTax right now.

As soon as I'm done with my state taxes (which I have to figure out again since TurboTax changed things on me... :irk) I'm getting out of this house and playing in my garden. I hate technology right now.

Krystal~go and enjoy your garden and get all the therapy you need! I can completely understand your flustration. You already do so much in this cal you deserve the time in the garden. :)

:rofl :rofl Guess what I just did? I went to update my grid and was baffled when I couldn't find the column with Brenda's Shawl!!!! Then I realized I messed you two up AGAIN!!!

As for the squares working out to 8", add a round of sc, hdc or dc to make it up to 8", that's what I do. SC will add 1/2", hdc about 3/4" and dc about 1" to the width. At least, in my world it does. :lol

This is crazy! To my knowledge, in the Sky Cal, you never mixed Brenda and me up before. Oh well. Enough of beating a dead horse.

On Squares: In my world, using an I hook when the 6" and 7" square patterns call for an E, F or G, the squares come out to more than 8". I can make 'em if the hook called for is an H. I absolutely love the Carousel and the Nordic Star and wish I could get 'em to 8" with the I hook but don't know how I'd begin to reduce the pattern.

Last night I found some clever patterns here: http://undisthreadness.blogspot.com/. Making the triangle square now but looks like I'll have to make the triangles bigger. Clever pattern. Couldn't work the 16-circles square with the I hook...holes too big for me and not that crazy about the pattern anyway.

Take it easy, Krystal. It'll all work out. Good to take a break from it. And I'm with everyone else...you are doing so much work with us and for us. I know we all appreciate you very much. :ty :ty :ty Maybe you need a helper for this CAL...not me, though. Sorry. Don't think I could do it justice.

Wow! Thanks Jeannie for the link.

I need to make squares for a charity and I am trying to find some patterns for them.

Problem I am finding is that alot of them look to lacy & holey and the charity specifically asks that they not be. Um...Carousel & the Nordic Star ??

Wow! Thanks Jeannie for the link.

I need to make squares for a charity and I am trying to find some patterns for them.

Problem I am finding is that alot of them look to lacy & holey and the charity specifically asks that they not be. Um...Carousel & the Nordic Star ??

Sorry, Shelby. I had stepped away from the puter and thought I should've put those links in. They're 7" squares on CPC and here are the links:

http://hometown.aol.com/lffunt/carousal.html

http://hometown.aol.com/lffunt/nordicsq.html

Carousel is with a G hook and is awesome in 2 colors. Nordic Star is an E hook and is absolutely gorgeous. They both make pretty solid squares.

Krystal you are doing a fantastic job! If ever you need help just give a holler.

I'm up to row 13 now, not caught up but had company over the weekend which put me a bit behind.

Thanks for all your hard work and have fun in the garden. Wish I could get into mine but its still a little early.

i got two of the three rnds of the CRW done. Took a break to do the chicken chores. Those little chicks sure can eat!! And I think for the first time since we got our four laying hens I picked up four eggs!!

Of course you're in front and are half a square ahead for tomorrow. It's almost tomorrow now :lol. Just teasing ya.

Is the butterfly ghan from a Leisure Arts book called "Perfect Patches" with a sailboat ghan on the front cover and the butterfly ghan on the back cover? Is it made like Cara's quilts? Those will be wonderful surprises for your girls. Now I'm thinking about a ghan for my DD's son who'll be 7 by Christmas.

Yes thats the book. In there are two great patterns for boys. One is the sailboat one thats on the cover and the other one is called Big Trucks. Its a 3x5 rows of trucks ghan. 15 trucks in all. Not many bicolor squares mainly solid squares except for the wheels. If I had a son I would make this one.

And?

It's even more disgusting than I said, it is sheep guts cooked in something (I got the info from my stepdad). He says B&S could well be potatoes and cabbage (cabbage causing the "squeaks" :devil), but he was brought up it being leftovers.

I might have some more things to add to my christmas crochet list, will let you know when worked out. :crocheting

It's even more disgusting than I said, it is sheep guts cooked in something (I got the info from my stepdad). He says B&S could well be potatoes and cabbage (cabbage causing the "squeaks" :devil), but he was brought up it being leftovers.
eww eww eww...what is B&S and the cabbage causing the squeaks...is that what I think it is? :lol

:crocheting made a square today. Gonna try to get another one.

Yes thats the book. In there are two great patterns for boys. One is the sailboat one thats on the cover and the other one is called Big Trucks. Its a 3x5 rows of trucks ghan. 15 trucks in all. Not many bicolor squares mainly solid squares except for the wheels. If I had a son I would make this one.
I don't understand when you say it's a 3x5 rows of trucks ghan.

Are the ghans made like Cara's? Are the squares itty bitty like hers?

I just don't know if I'd have the sticktuitness to make all those squares, whip stitch them all together and sew in all the loose ends.

As it is, I started on her All God's Children pattern back before Thanksgiving and don't even have enough squares for half a block. I don't really mind the bi-color squares. It's just they're so little and there's so many of them.

ARG-G-G-G-G-G!!!!!!!!!

Krystal - I had to frog 6 rows on the camp blanket that I am trying to finish. I got 2 of them back, but I will have to do 5 more to be up-to-date.

Rats I say.

Archived