Need more hat help...

PJ

Question

Okay, now that I know how to read the pattern, I have another question.

Here's an excerpt of the pattern...

Rnd 1 Ch 1, 7 sc in ring.

Rnd 2 Ch 1, 2 sc in each sc in ring – 14 sc.

Rnd 3 Ch 1, *1 sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc*, rep from * to * around – 21 sc.

Rnd 4 Ch 1, *1 sc in each of next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, rep from * to * around – 28 sc.

Rnd 5 Ch 1, *1 sc in each of next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, rep from * to * around – 35 sc.

Rnd 6 Ch 1, *1 sc in each of next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, rep from * to * around – 42 sc.

I've been putting a stitch marker on the last stitch of each round. The first time around I noticed that my last stitch (according to the pattern) didn't quite get to that point where I'd put the marker. Each subsequent row, the last stitch has been further and further from the stitch marker (I've been moving it each time). Is this supposed to happen? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

3 answers to this question

Thank you so much; I was getting worried!

OK, so each round ends in a different place?

Are you joining the rounds or working continuesly around. I notice in the pattern it says to Ch1 at the beg. of the round.

It sounds to me that you are joining the rounds. If you are you don't nessecarily need to place any stitch markers. When you work something in a round and you get to the end of the round there will be a chain at the end that may look like the last stitch but really it is just the slip stitch you used on the previous row to join rounds. So maybe you are placing the marker in that slip stitch and not actually in the last stitch. That might be why you are thinking you are not working to the end of the round.

Archived