Comfortghan request **UPDATED with Pictures**

Priszm

I have a request if anyone could please help out. My parents neighbors are going to be entering assisted living (maybe a nursing home?). She has alzheimers which has quickly advanced. He was diagnosed with lung cancer about a year or two ago. Their children have finally been successful at convincing him that it's time for assisted living. The children have been doing so much for their parents, but their parents need to be someplace to provide for their medical care immediately.

I thought that a comfortghan for each of them would help ease the transition. She loves pinks and they both like blues. I'm thinking 12" squares 5x4, which would be 60 x 48 with worsted weight yarn. Only 40 squares would be needed. If anyone can help out, I'd really appreciate it.

Count me in for at least 2. I am sorry to hear about their illnesses and will keep them and their family in my prayers.

I have a special place in my heart for the elderly, as I am a CNA and worked in the long term care facilities for many years. I know how hard it is for the families and for elderly to make this transition. Many :hug to you for your thoughtfulness and caring. :manyheart

Honestly - I think you'd be better off with 6x3. And you'd only need 18. 6x3 covers a twin size bed.

But that really depends on the size and shape of the person.

Oh, thanks for that info! Ok, 6x3 then. I've never done a blanket from squares (except for a baby gift) so I wasn't sure at all.

I want to thank you guys again for volunteering to help me out! As much as I'd like the squares by the end of April, I have too much going on myself right now and I'm sure everyone else is just as busy :) So I would like them by the end of May. :hook

Honestly - I think you'd be better off with 6x3. And you'd only need 18. 6x3 covers a twin size bed.

But that really depends on the size and shape of the person.

great idea:hug

count me in also for a pink and a blue one:)

Hugs,

sissie

Blue on is done and Pink one almost done should be able to get these in the mail today ..If i can get them washed in time...

:cheer:clap Thank you!! :manyheart

Mailed out 2 pink squares and 2 blue squares this morning at 1 A.M. :eek. I had to send them in 2 different packages, as I didn't have anything big enough to send them all together.:hug:manyheart

Mailed out 2 pink squares and 2 blue squares this morning at 1 A.M. :eek. I had to send them in 2 different packages, as I didn't have anything big enough to send them all together.:hug:manyheart

1am?!! Wow! I was very happily :sleep at that time. Now, the 5 am hour was a different story thanks to my little :devil:cat. Thank you again so very much!

2 pink and 2 blue will be in the mail tomorrow. I had a job interview so I didn't get to the PO today. Hopefully I get a job soon or I won't be able to mail anything to anybody :eek and that would make me sad.:cry

Archived