Stole Pattern

kidge

Question

All~

I am asking for some help finding a stole pattern for my daughter. She is attending her senior prom on the 24th and she is wearing a coral dress with gold beadwork on the front. The link below shows the dress.

http://www.davidsprom.com/dresses_detail.jsp?i=1659&g=16&p=6&s=4881

She is going to need a wrap of some type and I thought I may try to make her one. She has very dark brown hair that she will wear in an up-do. She picked this dress because it looked like something Audrey Hepburn would have worn. Be still my heart, she is only 17 lol. ( my all time fav movie and she has seen it alot is My Fair Lady)

Any Suggestions?

:hug

9 answers to this question

If you're looking for a rectangle type stole, you might want to look at some Prayer Shawls. Those are more like that.

www.friendshipshawl.org has a few real pretty ones.

Lion Brand as a nice lacy Country Shawl, which is pretty easy (yes I started it and it's another one of my WIPs). This one's pretty easy and light weight. I did mine in worsted weight yarn, the pattern calls for cotton, but you can choose any yarn. This one wouldn't take from the beautiful dress.

Eva's Shawl is another nice shawl. This picture in the blog shows one in color similar to the dress... kind of... I tried this one and like it, but didn't want to use the color of yarn I had, so it's in my mind to do later.

Elegant Shawlhttp://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-shal.html is another nice one.

Not sure what else.

Debbi

If it was me, I would use Paton's Brilliant in probably the cream with the gold metallic, but maybe the gold/gold. I think a simple rectangle wrap would be nice, in perhaps a textured stitch, or just plain hdc or dc. I think it would look nice with the dress without overwhelming it. She picked a great dress! Show us what you decide!

I really like the Fancy Fans Stole by Dot. I made this one for my sister using Patons Brilliant in black and it turned out to be a very elegant stole.

I definitely agree with CyM that the Patons Brilliant in either the cream or gold would go nicely with the dress in terms of color and style, as you are choosing yarns.

I think a stole (the long rect instead of a triangle) would look better with the dress. Maybe work it up in a size 3 cotton so it's lightweight and drapes nicely.

What ever pattern you pick out will look beautiful.

Archived