very easy tablecloth

MadeJust4You

Question

9 answers to this question

I don't think there's such a thing as an easy tablecloth :lol since most are done in thread! But here's a link to Crochet Pattern Central's tablecloth area. There's a ton of 'em -- for square, rectangular, oval, etc.: http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/tablecloths.php

No problem. There's a thread called Size 3. Aunt Lydia makes it and I buy it at Walmart. It's fairly thick and cotton. Works up nice. There's also a Speed Cro Sheen thread that's cotton, but I don't find it as nice. There's also a Lustersheen.

These are all thicker threads then size 10. I think even Size 5 (easier to find sometimes) is thicker, but not that much.

Talk to me about thread crochet. has some great tips for beginners and links to help you.

More Questions on Thread Size has more info and ideas.

First Thread Project - Any ideas? has some ideas you may want to try before a tablecloth if you're new to thread.

Good luck.

Debbi

Debbi-A1, do you know of any tablecloths that are one piece. All the ones I've seen on CPC and other places are always made up of a million motifs.

Debbi-A1, do you know of any tablecloths that are one piece. All the ones I've seen on CPC and other places are always made up of a million motifs.

Sometimes you have to look for them, but there are a few out there that are one piece.

Would you want a round or oval or square one? I went to CPC and they have some listed with it in the title such as One Piece Oval Tablecloth

and Pineapple Tablecloth (round) which is one piece also... The oval one doesn't look that easy as it's with size 20...

If you do use a larger thread and hook you could get away with a large doily or table runner.

Debbi

Archived