"Rough Touch" Acrylics?

Natasha

I'm selling a lot of acrylic yarn on ebay, mostly Red Heart. I've got a question from a potential bidder that asks if the yarns are "rough touch" acrylics. Anybody familiar with that term? I'm not sure what she's talking about.

A lot of the newer manufactured Red Heart yarn is rougher and scratchier than the older yarn. It is especially noticeable in the variegated and darker colors. It does soften up in the washer/dryer with the use of fabric softener.

If you want to pm me the link to your ebay store, I'll take a peek and see what colors you have and I might be able to tell you a little more info.

Is your yarn new or is it older (bought recently or a while ago)?

I just looked at you listing and with it being the 'Classic' Red Heart, I have no idea of the texture of it. You may want to email the potential bidder and ask for more clarification on what she means by 'rough touch'. I'm guessing she is referring to the rough feeling of the newer made yarn. Let her know the approximate time you bought the yarn, that may help her. Hope that helps some.

Thanks for the compliment on my avatar. That is actually one of my RR's that I 'enhanced' in my photo resizing program I use.

Archived