Star Afghan question

MomaChet

Question

SO I am working on my first star afghan. I am wondering if it is normal for it to not be laying flat? I would hate to have to frog it. Is there a way to box it, stretch it? I am on row 15, so pretty far along. I am owrried I did the center too tight and that may be the cause of this problem. Or maybe it is normal. Any help or adivce on a way that this can turn out successful? Thank!

4 answers to this question

This was previously posted:

Instead of starting like the pattern says, ch 4, work 9 dc in the 4th ch from the hook and join with a sl st to top of beg ch-3-10 dc. Ch 3, work 2 dc, ch 2 and 3 dc in same sp, then work 3 dc, ch 2 and 3 dc in every other dc around, join with a sl st in top of beg ch-3. Work the rest of the afghan from rnd 3 on just like the pattern, you get a nice star with no hole in the middle.

I found it was wonky and haven't tried the above method yet, but will be soon for a gift for someone.

Tiff made one and said it was wonky till about row 12(?). I hope this helps. There has been a lot of comments about the wonkiness and the above change may be the solution.

I used that change already. It is only for the first two rows. I followed the rest from the old pattern. I have seen others post pictures of theirs, and it looks great. So it makes me wonder what I have done wrong, or is there another pattern out there for a star afghan? Thanks :hug

If you're using Beth's Little Star Afghan, then that's the one everyone is using. The pattern will lay flat. I used the same method that Deneen posted and it works. Before you give up on it, do to row 20 and then see if still is 'wonky'. Have you been counting your stitches as you go? I know it's a lot but I caught myself several times adding a stitch to a row here & there and it was coming out wonky. After I had frogged I kept count of each stitch.

Archived