Fat Bottom Bag

bajr

:) Here is a pic of my 1st fbb. I added a pocket to the outside for my cell phone or keys, etc. The pocket is just my own version of a paisley motif that I came up with. I used a clover brand "Wonder Knitter" to make the straps. I like my bags to have a shoulder strap. Working on my 2nd one now and am trying to figure out a way to have only one strap. fbb.jpg

Beautiful fbb! You have no idea how much I LOVE the paisley motif! I have the tutorial for a paisley pattern, but yours is just as pretty, and maybe seems easier! I have also been on the hunt for a paisley I could graph.....so yeah, I'm infatuated with paisleys at the moment....:lol

Again, great bag!

This is adorable! I love seeing all the different purses and bags. Where can I find this pattern?

The pattern (Fat Bottom Bag) is in a book called "Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet The Happy Hooker" by Debbie Stoller. It is available at amazon for a very reasonable price or at most bookstores. Several libraries also have it.

Hope this helps. :)

:) Here is a pic of my 1st fbb. I added a pocket to the outside for my cell phone or keys, etc. The pocket is just my own version of a paisley motif that I came up with. I used a clover brand "Wonder Knitter" to make the straps. I like my bags to have a shoulder strap. Working on my 2nd one now and am trying to figure out a way to have only one strap. fbb.jpg

I was trying to figure out how to do just the one strap also and I was thinking to do one side just like you did, but put a flap with a button on the other side. You could do just a tiny stap to do the closure or a larger one to add some more of your embellishing on. Hope that makes sense?

I love the idea for your handles.. I can't get the other ones here local.. I've made 2 of these bags.. but they have no handles.. now I know what I'm going to try!!

I was trying to figure out how to do just the one strap also and I was thinking to do one side just like you did, but put a flap with a button on the other side. You could do just a tiny stap to do the closure or a larger one to add some more of your embellishing on. Hope that makes sense?

:D We have similar thoughts on how to do it. I have been thinking about it alot and maybe it could be done by adding rows to the flap part that holds the handle (only on one side) putting in the handle, then sew it together and the rest of the flap would hang over the front side. Great minds do think alike. lol

Archived