PoetryinYarn

What adjectives best describe your projects

What adjectives best describe the items you crochet?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What adjectives best describe the items you crochet?

• practical
    • whimsical
    • funky
    • chic
    • stylish
    • sassy
    • classic
    • crafty
    • bold
    • stunning

I'm always amused by how crochet projects are described in magazines. What adjectives describe the projects you tend to make?

Usually classic or practical, but I've made a few sassy things and one or two whimsical things.

And right now, I'm working on a sweater that purports to be "spicy". Somehow I doubt I'll be dipping my tortillia chips in it, though. :lol

All of the above...I do a bit of everything...one item might be stylish, another whimiscal, another practical...

Everything I make serves a purpose so I guess that would make it practical. The fun is in all the different ways you can make things. I'm not too much into whimsical but there's no way I could narrow it down to pick 1 or even 5 or 6 lol

Well, I like to think the things I make are stylish, but they are probably more practical. But definitely FUN! :yes

I checked stunning, because of course I rip out anything that I don't think is stunning:rofl And classic, because really I love understated classic things as far as clothes. And whimsical because what else would you call a freeform door decoration? Also because I love a lot of colors combined in one item. And practical because that is what dishcloths are, and I've made a few of those.

I would have checked "unfinished".... :rofl

:bounce

:rofl:laughroll

Unique isn't a choice? Since I can't stick to a pattern to save my life, everything I make is unique! Plus, my oops-es turn give each and every project an artistic interpretation which cannot be replicated!

I want to say unique also. Mostly I use patterns as guidelines for the ideas I have in my mind. I like using colors in unexpected ways also.

LOL at unfinished :lol I'm with that.

I voted classic. after all I think of myself as a classic (born in the 60's) so it *bleeds* into most of my crochet. :lol Not to say I never make anything in the other categories though. It's fun to work outside "yourself" for something different.

no clue maybe crafty lol.

i have no one real adjective since I crochet so many different things.

I guess I'd say whimsical because I love the cute things. I love to make things for children usually so I need things they would enjoy.

I will have to say stylish because I be amazed at the things I do without a pattern to follow.

Just plain old practical..

Hmmmm... never thought of it. I guess... useful! Most of the things I make serve a purpose of some kind. The wearables are not particularly stylish, but they suit me.

This was not easy, cause if I said stunning, I would sound like a boaster.

My things are not practical, as I make doll, so I guess whimsical:hook

I'd say practical. It's my way of justifying all the yarn purchases (but I just HAVE to get yarn to crochet myself a sweater for work -- it's FREEZING in there!). Or -- I HAVE to crochet so-and-so an afghan for (Christmas/their birthday/their anniversary/their wedding).