Seeking inline steel hooks!

siyar

I've just recently gotten into crocheting lace and small pieces, but I'm having the darndest time trying to find a quality set of steel inline hooks.

My mother handed down some old steel hooks of hers, but the only one that I can use easily is a vintage Susan Bates steel hook (inline, where the head is really separated from the shaft only by the "slice" in the hook for the neck). I've purchased a set of six Bates "steelites" the other day, but they don't even compare!

I'm looking into ebay, which is a toss-up and full of slim pickings as of late, but was wondering if anyone could help me locate either a set of vintage Susan Bates steels, or can recommend a brand of inline steels that are of comparative quality. Or sell me a set. ;)

Any information/help will be greatly appreciated!

Welcome, siyar!

Hooklady might have some vintage Bates steel hooks to sell. Or you could ask the moderators to move this thread to the Wanted/Looking for section. Not everyone checks out the Hooks and Tools section of C'ville. I do like my vintage Bates hooks.

Hope you like it here at C'ville. It's a great place.

I've just recently gotten into crocheting lace and small pieces, but I'm having the darndest time trying to find a quality set of steel inline hooks.

My mother handed down some old steel hooks of hers, but the only one that I can use easily is a vintage Susan Bates steel hook (inline, where the head is really separated from the shaft only by the "slice" in the hook for the neck). I've purchased a set of six Bates "steelites" the other day, but they don't even compare!

I'm looking into ebay, which is a toss-up and full of slim pickings as of late, but was wondering if anyone could help me locate either a set of vintage Susan Bates steels, or can recommend a brand of inline steels that are of comparative quality. Or sell me a set. ;)

Any information/help will be greatly appreciated!

I have some inline steel hooks that I never ever use. You're welcome to them. PM me with your address. I'll mail them to you and you can send me a check for the postage amount. I don't know how many and I won't be able to look until this weekend.

Archived