It's official!! hehehe

My bf can no longer ever ever so long as he may live complain about my yarn stash!!! He just learned to crochet this evening. He made a nice little swatch of sc and is only having a problem keeping his tension even. So you know that this is going to lead to "Honey, we don't have enough yarn!" :devil He's been after me forever to teach him, and I finally got around to it. He's just so darn proud right now. lol!

That's awesome, Kittencrochet! How cool is that? My hubby would never pick up a hook & yarn. He's just too busy, and he has trouble seeing (he has optic atrophy - inherited & degenerative disease of the optic nerve). When he does have time to do something relaxing it's either playing football on his PS2 or going to the Keys fishing on our boat.

Wow! My hubby hasn't picked up a hook since he was about 10 or 11! Now, he says he doesn't have the time or patience to pick it up again.

My oldest son wants to learn, but I'm having problems teaching him how to crochet! I learned from a book, not from a person, so I really don't know how to go about teaching him. :think He's 8 1/2, btw, so I think he's old enough to start learning. He even has his own hook and yarn! :hook

Cool...DH and I have beent trying to learn to knit together...:eek

And he wants to learn to crochet...our prob is he is a lefty and Im a righty!

I hate that we speak different (hand) languages!

And wohooo on him learning...you know this means he will have his own, "you no touchy" stash don't ya?

Hehe...my no touch stash doesn't work...lol! Luckily, he hates the acrylic because it tends to split on him....but he loves my cotton. I need to get him his own set of hooks...or get me some better ones and give him these because everytime I need a size, that's what he's practicing with. My son wants to learn (he's 6), but his coordination is awful as are his fine motor skills. So once they start with OT and he starts improving, I'll probably teach him. I learned through a book as well. My first instinct is to tell my bf "well, read the book!" Instead, he just watches what I'm doing and tries to imitate it. I've also done some hand over hand which has worked well.

Funny thing about lefties and righties. My aunt is a rightie and she crochets left handed...that's how she was taught. So I think I'm going to have her teach my son...he's left handed.

:clap Good for him! My hubby won't attempt to learn, but he does help me with picking colors and yarn for projects. He stopped grumbling a couple of years back about all the yarn I buy. He just figured it wasn't doing him any good anyway, and it gives us some extra spending money when I'm selling things.

My 11yo son has attempted to learn, but gets bored with it. I haven't given up on him though. He likes to try anything new for a while.

Cool...DH and I have beent trying to learn to knit together...:eek

And he wants to learn to crochet...our prob is he is a lefty and Im a righty!

I hate that we speak different (hand) languages!

And wohooo on him learning...you know this means he will have his own, "you no touchy" stash don't ya?

Congrats on the bf learning to crochet.:clap

Melissa have your Dh sit across from you.

That is how I taught a friend, who is lefthanded how to knit.

Just found the site I was talking about.

http://www.crochet.org/lessons/lessonl/lessonl.html

If that doesn't work, there is a web site that will show the left handed method of crocheting.:D

That's so cool!

I've tried to interest my hubby in crochet, but he doesn't have a big interest in any kind of needlework. He's taken up silk flower arranging lately, though, and is really good at it. He's made some things for the foyer here at work (we work together) that look great. And this week he made a fountain to go out there that looks absolutely great. So he is interested in various types of crafting, just not crochet/knitting/sewing/etc. :)

Archived