I'm Having a No Hair Day Hat!

CrochetLiving

At the suggestion of one of my friends here, I bought a ball of Fun Fur in Champagne. It does resemble (short) blond hair! I went to headhuggers.org for their pattern and was directed to Lion Brand's site for a fun fur hat in crochet. The pattern was not good at all! It said to use a P hook and that was much too large. I kept the first few rows but switched over to my new full metal jacket Susan Bates L hook and it went by like a breeze! Since the diameter of the hat's crown made with the P hook was large, I just continued with the big L and went around for a few rounds until it was long enough. The fun fur got nice and thick around the sides. Clear Star was so surprised at her Hair Hat! She's wearing it and says that it looks much better than the measly sprouts on her head.

th_funfur003.jpg

I like that color.. very nice. I made mine with micro spun and fun fir, in black grey... They are fun to make. We used ours for Halloween... :clap

Way to go Maria! That looks great! I've actually 'knitted' a bunch of these also - sorry folks. Everyone I've made them for loves to wear them and they look really cute. So glad your sister likes it, they are really cooler to wear in the summertime than some of the other caps. Let your sister know we're all thinking about her and will try to help you come up with things to make her make comfortable.

Mary Jo - I had one of those hats you're talking about, mine was 'strawberry blonde'. We must be about the same age.

~ Debby

~ Debby

I made my mom a couple of those when she was going through chemo, one was all fun fur like yours, another was made from bulky yarn edged in the "brown" hair fun fur, and it looked like she was wearing a hat and her hair was framing her face, it was terrific when she had no hair, and she loved them.

Sadly, I lost her, several months later, but I still remember her smile when she at least "looked" like she had hair.

I made my mom a couple of those when she was going through chemo, one was all fun fur like yours, another was made from bulky yarn edged in the "brown" hair fun fur, and it looked like she was wearing a hat and her hair was framing her face, it was terrific when she had no hair, and she loved them.

Sadly, I lost her, several months later, but I still remember her smile when she at least "looked" like she had hair.

I'm so very sorry to learn about your mom. I know how my sister feels and I can imagine your mother's relief from wearing your creations.

I'll ask Clear Star if she wants a hat like that. I might make it in the Organic Cotton, since it's getting warm here.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Archived