What kin of Yarn???

sprtsbear

Question

9 answers to this question

I recently ordered some off of ebay( not knowing that it was so thin) It's smaller than sport weight, but I'm not sure how it compares to the different weights of thread, since I don't crochet with thread. I did take a picture of the Spinnerin yarn I have next to some worsted weight to give you a general idea of what it looks like. It also looks to have a tighter twist to it than typical yarn.

Here's a pic so you can see.

th_DSCF0130.jpg

Guest Namie39

I also got some very thin, but slightly fuzzy, yarn on eBay - a whole cone of it and it is as thin as thread. Rose color but not suitable for thread patterns and I am wondering what to do with it except for using multiple strands. Anyone have any ideas? Also where is the cheapest place to buy a ball winder? I think I will need one.

Guest Namie39

Nope, I have some Spinnerin that I am working on right now which is worsted weight. Spinnerin was/is a brand name, not a weight of yarn.

Guest Namie39

I finally bought my ball winder on eBay but haven't received it yet. Does anyone know where I can get Patons Grace at a cheaper price or mill ends or a reasonable substitute? I need about 17 balls.

Herrschners has it on sale this week at $2.27 a skein, though not a huge selection of colors available. Still, you might want to check them out: www.herrschners.com/produ...id=2&tab=3

Wish I wasn't on severe budget overload, I'd like to get some of that yarn myself... :no

Archived