What kind of patterns would you like to see more of?

What kind of crochet patterns would you like to see more of?  

337 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of crochet patterns would you like to see more of?

• Hats/ Scarves
    • Wrist Warmers/ Gloves/ Fingerless Gloves
    • Shrugs/shawls/stoles
    • Baby sweaters/ layettes
    • Baby Hats/ Mittens/ Booties
    • Sweaters/ Vest
    • Afghans/ Lapghans/
    • Kitchen Items (dishcloths/ scrubbies/ dish towels)
    • Other

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted sweaters/vests because I would like to see more clothing items. More seems to be coming, but not enough. Skirts would be nice, there isn't enough variety in patterns for those. I vote MENS sweaters/vests too. Although I don't know if the men in my family would wear them, my dad might (he's getting older and colder).

Debbi

I voted other. I would like to see more Barbie clothes, southern belle type dresses and ball gowns and wedding gowns.

Plus Size light-weight sweaters that would be suitable for Florida's 2 weeks of chilly weather ;)

Boys items.

Dolls, bears and clothing to go with them.

Quilt looking crocheted projects.

My vote is for shawls. I would love to see more crochet shawl patterns done in lace weight yarn. There's some beautiful knitted lace shawls out there and I often wonder why there are so very few patterns for crochet. And lace-weight yarn comes in such large yardage and can be purchased for a reasonable price.

:interest

I love, love, love doing novelties ......... tissue box/roll covers, pot holders, pin cushions, Raggedy Ann & Andy dolls, unusual pin cusions, candles, flower pins, plastic bag holders, kitchen witches, etc. etc. etc.

I replied "other", but to elaborate on that, what I would like to see more patterns for is purses and tote bags! I am addicted to shoes and purses, and since it's difficult to crochet shoes that can be worn out of the house, at least I can feed my purse addiction by crocheting them! :lol

I voted other and I think I am thinking of more thread patterns, and more Kelly doll clothes patterns (especially for free :D)

:::slaps forehead with palm::: YES!!! How silly of me to have forgotten that one! MORE THREAD PATTERNS!!!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

My vote is for shawls. I would love to see more crochet shawl patterns done in lace weight yarn. There's some beautiful knitted lace shawls out there and I often wonder why there are so very few patterns for crochet. And lace-weight yarn comes in such large yardage and can be purchased for a reasonable price.

This sounds good, too :)

It was soooo hard to choose just one item from that list! If I had my "druthers" I would buy one of every pattern ever made of every genre AND I would kindly make monitary donations to the ones that work so hard to offer free patterns and keep them free. But alas I am so poor that I couldn't afford a pay toilet. Some day...some day...

T-

I'd like more patterns combining crochet with something else -- a beaded purse with a cloth lining and metal handle is one example.

In the 70's, one of the women's magazines sold a pattern for a gown that was sleeveless and right down the front of it was a crochet strip about 3 inches wide. Made from a clingy fabric, it was fantastic. The crochet was a bit peek-a-boo.

Archived