What kind of patterns would you like to see more of?

What kind of crochet patterns would you like to see more of?  

337 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of crochet patterns would you like to see more of?

• Hats/ Scarves
    • Wrist Warmers/ Gloves/ Fingerless Gloves
    • Shrugs/shawls/stoles
    • Baby sweaters/ layettes
    • Baby Hats/ Mittens/ Booties
    • Sweaters/ Vest
    • Afghans/ Lapghans/
    • Kitchen Items (dishcloths/ scrubbies/ dish towels)
    • Other

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I voted for baby layettes, but really my answer would be any pattern that states "feel free to sell the items that you have created using my design".:D

lol, hmmm, not alot of those types of patterns huh?

Purses, bags and more purses and bags! Also, any patterns for beginners!

Thanks to all who contribute patterns!

Blue Ridge Mountain Girl

Yeah, beginner patterns. Something a beginner could make that would actually make them want to crochet more instead of scaring them away.

Ooh patterns for guys would be great. I can never find things to make my dh!

I'd like to see more patterns for guys too, problem is, I don't have any guy friends to make stuff for.

Purses, bags and more purses and bags! Also, any patterns for beginners!

Thanks to all who contribute patterns!

Blue Ridge Mountain Girl

Oh yes, purses and bags and more of the same. But ones where the patterns are less restrictive. I don't want to sell your patterns, but would like to see more of things that people could work up, personalize and sell if they wanted to. I can't keep track of all the versions of copyright rules everyone puts on their patterns, so to avoid problems, unless I know for sure that it is staying home, so to speak (charity, gifts, personal use), I wind up trying to create my own. I scribble notes so I know where to pick up if I set it aside for awhile. I can't write a pattern for someone else, as I know what I am doing, but haven't a clue how to make it clear to someone else, except for filet crochet. We need some basic purse patterns, or other items for that matter and then the crocheter could create their own embellishments, etc...without fear of being persued for copyright infringement. I know the reasons why designers do it, but don't understand how beginners will ever take the steps to go beyond following a detailed pattern and work up the courage to sell.

I would like to see more purse patterns. Purses are my favorite thing to make, but it seems like theres not too many original patterns out there. I mean, I know theres only so many shapes you can make a bag, but it seems like most of them are drawstring sacks or just little handbags. Thats why 9 times out of 10 I just do my own thing lol.

I voted afghan's. I need patterns for young boys. My grandsons want their very own afghan to curl up with when watching TV. Mom and Dad each have their own. I made the RR Spiderman afghan, but I need to make 2 more. One for a a 12 year old and another for a 7 year old. The Spiderman goes to the 4 year old. The 12 year old wants something a little older.

Tres

I am looking for the newer (at least new to me) "corn on the cob" afghan. (It is not the traditional one.) It uses a chain of 10 or so that gets twisted together somehow. The "cob" is in-between rows of regular double crochet. Does any know of this pattern?

Thanks for your time!

I voted other, because I really like to see more patterns for mens slippers. Patterns for men are the hardest thing on the planet to find, I have one I like that looks like a mosican but men need more patterns... Best of luck to you :cheer

I voted kitchen, because it is hard to find DIFFERENT kitcheny stuff........

BUT I would LOVE to see more PLUS SIZED sweaters for REAL

Julee: I want to thank you so much for posting this question. I was considering doing the same thing here in the next couple days. :D I, too, agree on the fact that we do need more men's clothing patterns...especially the free ones!! Also, I am working on some maternity patterns...I've only found perhaps 2 patterns total for some sweaters that would make me look like a whale when pregnant. :eek Perhaps some summer maternity items...Pampering mommy type of things. (I hope to offer some free patterns as well as items for sale) Last year, I did a survey here on the 'Ville about whether there are folks who would like to try some customizable patterns. Perhaps this is another venue we could explore. I'm currently working on some sweet thread lingerie patterns :blush, the first of which is going to be launched any day now! Thread baby items are also great ideas, as well as summer-weight clothing in general. Just my :2c. :hook

I voted other. I like to make stuffies, amigurumi. dolls. toys, animals and purses. I also would like these patterns to be able to be sold for charity as I do donate my services to a group of volunteers who crochet items for sale, the proceeds of which are donated to several charities.

I voted afghan's. I need patterns for young boys. My grandsons want their very own afghan to curl up with when watching TV. Mom and Dad each have their own. I made the RR Spiderman afghan, but I need to make 2 more. One for a a 12 year old and another for a 7 year old. The Spiderman goes to the 4 year old. The 12 year old wants something a little older.

Tres

Iwould heartily recommend that you try Rose Red's Flannelghan. it is the greatest pattern ever and it is perfect for guys... it's flannel!!!

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42711&highlight=flannelghan

That first post links to all the finished ones so you can see the colours that have been done.

sorry about that link when I first posted... it just went screwy on me. Hope it is better now.

Last year, I did a survey here on the 'Ville about whether there are folks who would like to try some customizable patterns. Perhaps this is another venue we could explore.

Thank you, there definitely is a need for this. I read a great article in Carol Alexander's newsletter about the "French Method". Anyone interested in trying to create your own wearables, should check it out.

It is so simple, one of those things where you say, "Duh, why didn't I think of that?", :lol

I voted other. I organize my stash by projects. I have several baskets. I keep all the yarn I buy for a patten in the same basket. I have one for scrap yarn but its kinda overflowing.

To every one who thinks I'm super organized, you're wrong. A lot of times I will change my mind and use the yarn for another pattern. Nothing's permanent until I work in that last end.

• 2 months later...

I like to make things to donate to hospitals. Baby layette items are great to do this with. They work up quickly, and are well received.

:manyheart

Archived