Felted Free Form

mrs who

• 2 months later...

That sounds so interesting? I'd love to see a picture. I've done lots of scrumbles, but none with wool. Got to keep this in mind. Great idea!! Linda

:clap

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
C.D,

I LOVE your felted poppy!

Kim

Thank you for looking at my poppy. I am glad you liked it.

Do you do crochet felting?

C.D.

• 1 month later...

C.D.,

I'm so sorry I haven't been logging on lately and I missed your question. I tried felting in the 80's and haven't done it since, although I have some roving for felting and even some dry felt roving and some dry felting needles, but I haven't gotten around to felting seriously, maybe just a dabble here and there, making flowers on pillows.

I haven't ever done felted crochet, but I once made two felted knitted hats in a class that Barry Klein from Trendsetters taught. I loved that so much that I immediately bought 3 hat forms, and then, typical me, I never did it again.

I spent a year going crazy with crazy quilting and then I joined an art quilt group and started making art quilts about the same time I discovered regular knitting and crochet and my real love, Freeform Knitting and Crochet (all about 2002).

My freeform instructor (and friend), Janice Rosema, teaches felted crochet and knit flowers, but I just haven't had a chance to take her class yet.

I just went back and looked at your gorgeous poppy and daisy and I can't believe I missed your family tree! That is right up my alley! Wonderful! I am definitely going to have to try crochet felting!

Keep up the good work!

Kim (near LAX)

Archived