A belated birthday present...

eebrs

My sister-in-law hinted that she wanted a felted purse for her birthday. She picked out the yarn and told me what style she wanted. It's a little late for her birthday, but at least it's done and will be in the mail tomorrow. :clap

th_DSCF7097.jpg

This is only my second felted project. It's so much fun though! Now I have some scraps to use up. Not enough for a bag. Any ideas?

That's really pretty! I would say that a good project for your leftovers would be a wristlet or coin purse! The yarn she chose was really nice for a large purse, and would be good for something smaller as well! What kind of yarn is it? It looks very nice felted!

That's really pretty! I would say that a good project for your leftovers would be a wristlet or coin purse! The yarn she chose was really nice for a large purse, and would be good for something smaller as well! What kind of yarn is it? It looks very nice felted!

It's Paton's Classic Merino in Natural Marl. I also have most of a skein of Black as well.

I love your purse. Is it crocheted? How many times did you put it thru the wash?

Thank you.

It is crocheted. I put two items through the wash. The purse was fine after one washing. The other item needs to be sent through again. :think

When I felt, you can still see the stiches a bit. I have a front loader, maybe that's why. Still looks good, but I think I would like to see it more felted. Maybe I'll try it at the laundromat, as was suggested in another thread. Can't wait to see your other item!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You could use what you have left of the black and put some of the gray(or beige, I can't really tell on my computer) in for stripes.:):)

Archived