Amy

Seraphina Shawl Pattern by Doni

115 posts in this topic

asuna - there used to be a graphical version of this I made a while back that I think might help, but I just realized the picture is gone.

Amy/Donna, can you bring back the graph (and other pics)? None of the images/links in the first few posts seem to work anymore (I'm guessing they got lost in the upgrade). Thanks! :hook

1 person likes this

If you go to the orginial website, the pictures are stil up there (see link in 1st post)

Thanks. I got the pattern now.
One thing - When do I bind off? The center of the shawl is 25 shells, but how will one know when most shells are about 25 long?

You end it when it's as long as you want it to be.  I've made these as shoulder shawlettes and I've made them the size of a small blanket that comes down to the knees in the back.  Whatever makes you happy.

Personally, I work a row of sc as my last row.  I think it finishes it off nicely and keeps it from snagging on things.

For some reason I can't view the chart.  Anybody know how to fix this?  Thanks.

The graph got lost in the site upgrade. I've asked for it to be reloaded, but seeing as it's still missing, I went to look for my copy. Here it is:

post-5153-0-11136000-1370663917_thumb.gif

3 people like this

I just can't seem to go any further that row 11.  I have only been crocheting a few months and I just can't get it.  Is anyone patient enough to help me out?

Thanks

1 person likes this

What kind of problem?

If you are following the chart and can't think through how to do row 12 then think of it as being the same as row 8. Except that there are 2 extra fan shapes on each side that you work the same as all the others. Then row 13 is the same as row 9, etc.

I wasn't getting the sequences. I read it over and over and just finally decided to take a hook to it. It finally clicked. I got it!! Happy hooker :).

Thanks for the reply

I love this pattern. I've made several since I discovered it years ago and have a sunny yellow one on the hook that I really need to finish.

My favorite one has to be the one I made from leftovers that I still add to once in awhile.

I just found the chart. That always happens to me. I post a question then the answer in right before my nose!

Hello, I am new here and have been trying to figure out which pattern is the full correct pattern to follow. Is it the one in the first post and the chart posted above? Thank You to anyone that can help!