Bonjour from South Dakota!

Barre2Baking

:jumpyay

Hello everybody!

My name is Brittany and I currently live on the outskirts of Rapid City, South Dakota. Originally from Cleveland, Ohio and Jacksonville, Florida so this is QUITE a change! I've only been here about six months because I'm a newlywed to a wonderful man (or at least he is for now :P)

When I was younger my grandmother taught me to crochet and embroider. I never picked it up until now, many many years after the fact. Recently made my first Amigurumi and think I've found my new love!

I'm also attempting knitting, though finding it quite difficult to simultaneously move sticks back and forth :think .

I would love to make some friends with this same interest as me, as it's quite difficult to find anyone here to be friends with - let alone that likes to do any sort of craft! I'm a former professional ballet dancer, so this whole newlywed-taking-care-of-both-of-us thing is VERY different for me. I like it though :manyheart

Please do come and read my blog. It's about moving from Florida as a professional dancer to becoming a stay at home wife in rural (desolate) South Dakota!! :)

Much love and can't wait to get to know you guys!!

Welcome to the 'ville! Sounds like you might need some friends and a lot of crochet talk to help you adjust to life in South Dakota! :hug I am a transplant who was born and raised in California. I've been in SD for 16 years now, so I think I've finally adjusted. :P It can be hard though. Winter is a great time to stay in, hibernate, and get lots of crocheting done, :crocheting but boy is spring a great feeling here!!! :rose:

Hi and welcome, Brittany.

And right about now my husband and I would love to be able to move to the middle of nowhere (as long as we had our computer access and telephone to keep in touch with family and close friends). Hope you enjoy it here!!! Everyone is wonderful.

Archived