Favorite Craft Store Yarn Brand?

Amy

What is your favorite brand of yarn available in craft stores?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite brand of yarn available in craft stores?

• Bernat
    • Caron
    • Coats and Clark (Red Heart, TLC)
    • Joann Sensations
    • Lion Brand
    • Moda Dea
    • Patons
    • Other

It is too hard to pick a single favorite. I use a lot of Simply Soft, but also like Red Heart Soft, many of the Lion brand yarns, Bernat Satin and I Love this Yarn. I'm just glad to have the different brands to choose from.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted "other" because my new favorite it Hobby Lobby/Crafts Etc. "I Love This Yarn!" I just bought a lot of it at the recent online sale, even though I hadn't used it before. I am now making an afghan with it and I absolutely LOVE THIS YARN! It is soft, the colors are fantastic, and just feels good crocheting with it.

I found a Hobby Lobby over spring break, and this may be right up there with the Simply soft that I love so much! It's so nice and soft, but if you don't want the "shiny" look its perfect! I'm excited to work with it!!

Currently favorite: HL "I Love This Yarn" for the same reason as MomCrochets, Caron SS is a very close second.

I agree, its so soft and easy to work with. I thought I was going to like Vanna's yarn but then I found "I love this yarn" and its the same price as "red heart" and much softer. :yes

I must be old fashioned but my favorites are still RH and TLC. I just love all the colors.

:manyheart

Excellent question!

I love Caron but it tangles. I've taken it from skein to ball and often it just tangles. Some skeins I've gotten have just been a mess of tangles and I've spoken with the company and they've sent new yarn but it's a pain.

I love their colors, softness and the pounder bargain but not the knots!

I voted for Caron because I've been using their pounders a lot lately for afghans and absolutely love how soft it works up! I do also love Lion Brand yarns, especially Vanna's Choice.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted for Patons but I've been using Moda Dea lately too. I felt with

Patons wool a lot and I love their Brilliant. I adore Moda Dea Dream. I mostly make accessories, so I want lots of texture and shine.

I enjoy using Vannas Choice yarn, thats a very nice yarn.

I haven't tried the Pattons decor :think...hmm, I'm going to have to give that one a try.

Hobby Lobby "I love this yarn" is my all time favorite. It is so nice to work with and best of all I have yet to find a "tangle" in any of the skens I've use so far. And I have to agree with someone else here. The employees of hobby lobby are not all the friendliest people in the world. LOL I could never understand how you could work in a place like that and NOT be happy the whole time you are there. LOL

Debby

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely adore the "I Love This Yarn". It's wonderful to work with. If I can avoid anything to do with a Wal-Mart, then avoid I do. I do buy some at the Ben Franklin's here, but I get better prices with Hobby Lobby. :)

Blessed be.

Mine is between Coats and Clark (RedHeart) and Bernat for regular worsted weight. Since I do a lot of charity crocheting, I tend to buy those, especially when on sale. However, I have been ordering I Love this Yarn from Craftsetc when on sale since we don't have Hobby Lobby and all Ben Franklins closed down years ago.

LI Roe

I'm not sure if I should vote Lion Brand or Other?

My all time favorite is Vanna's Choice, which is made by Lion. I LOVE working with it and I LOVE the colors!!! The "Olive" is my favorite color, and I use it a lot.

I love the Caron yarns...both the pounders and the simply soft. There is a JoAnn's a couple of blocks from where I work, which is a 30 mile commute. At home I have a Hobby Lobby, and I've been meaning to try the ILTY. I hear so many good things about the feel and price, just wondering if it washes/wears well over time? I'm assuming it does or there would be threads everywhere from disgruntled crocheters :lol

I voted for red heart, simply because I think they have the best variety, solids, varigated, heathers & weights. I like caron ss also. I like to work with some of the moda dea yarns too, especially cheri & ticker tape. You just don't get much yardage on moda dea. Lion suede makes great purses, but can be a bit sticky to work with. Bernat boucle is another favorite. Guess I can find something good in any yarn. :lol I suppose this is better than getting me in the LYS. I just stopped in last week to get one skein of noro silk garden that I needed to finish a project. I told myself that was all I was going to get, but there was a new color of plymouth encore on the shelf - green. I walked out of the store with the one skein of noro & 8 of the encore. It's almost a shawler. :yay After that I can finish the project with the noro.

Archived