Favorite Craft Store Yarn Brand?

Amy

What is your favorite brand of yarn available in craft stores?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite brand of yarn available in craft stores?

• Bernat
    • Caron
    • Coats and Clark (Red Heart, TLC)
    • Joann Sensations
    • Lion Brand
    • Moda Dea
    • Patons
    • Other

Just out of curiosity, what is your favorite brand of yarn that you can find in a craft store (Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Joann's, AC Moore, etc.), Wal-Mart, or similar location?

If you select "Other," please post and let us know what brand is your favorite.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was tough! I voted other because my current "store favorites" are both Hobby Lobby yarns...first the "I love this yarn", for a good ww acrylic...good texture, colors, etc, good value. Also I like the yarn bee...the fuzzy one (kinda fleecy looking) the sweet delights (which is closer to baby weight than sport weight...or should I say it's finer than Bernat's Softee Baby...which I also use) This one also has a good range of colors...the price is a bit steep, for me, so I wait for a good sale on that.

I voted Bernat, as that brand has the most yarns that I love. I really like the Hobby Lobby store brands too, but can't get it without ordering it online. They are the two brands that I know whichever yarn I choose from them will be good quality and come in good colors.

It's much easier for me to tell you which brands I don't like... I don't like RedHeart or Lionbrand yarns (any of them really...) ModaDea isn't a fave either as it all seems mostly 'funky' yarns that I don't enjoy. Joann's store brand has some nice yarns, but only a few....

Since we have no Hobby Lobby here, I have ordered twice from Craftsetc (when it is on sale) and bought I Love this Yarn, based on the good reviews I read about on here. I like nearly every brand of yarn, a lot depends on what I am making and who I am making it for. I like the novelty yarns but use them as trim only.

LI Roe

I Love This Yarn is the best followed by Bernat 4 Berella.....I also love Bernat Satin and Satin Sport for lighter weight softness.....These are the best yarns I've found at a good price point.

Debbie

uwcheese

I'm another "other" cause "I Love This Yarn" is my favorite as well. The nearest HL is about an hour away, so with the price of gas at this point, I try get several skeins when I'm there. I :manyheart their variegated colors, they make up soooooooooo pretty.

I voted for Coats and Clark (Red Heart) because thats what I use most of the time. It' because the price is such a good deal at Walmart. If I could buy any yarn and not worry about the price ,then I definitely would buy some of the more expensive brands for my afghans. Yarn is getting so expensive now days!

My favorite is ss. I don't like the service or attitude of the help at Hobby Lobby and only go there if I have no choice.

I agree with t hat, this one was only open a week and theworker was so rude.But I do love the yarn and this week bought it online @ Crafts Etc.

I put coats and clark because I have been using several of it's brands as of late and enjoy them, but I also use lion brand and patons a lot. There is also a yarn that acmoore here sometimes gets in clearance that is a 'luxury yarn' that is merino, alpaca and silk mix that is fabulous and even felts fabulously and have been able to occasionally buy for $3/skein (approx 110 yds)

I like anything soft and cozy. Which is NOT red heart. I wish I had a LYS here. But I'm in podunk Oklahoma and we dont have one. All we have is Hobby Lobby and WalMart.

My standard "go to" yarn is Simply Soft. It's so much nicer to work with than red heart and they make nice colors. Everyone always love anything I've made with SS! I want to try I love this yarn sometime, but I'll have to order yarn online, since there isn't a hobby lobby here!

I had to say other as well.. depends on what I'm making. I love ILTY, and also Moda Dea, but have used Bernat and Paton's a lot for various things. Recently bought some RH Soft and it is very nice.

Archived