Hazlecreek

My take on a cheer skirt *updated with pattern*

I tried to find a cheerleading skirt for DD, but just couldn't find anything that worked for me... so necessity being truly the mother of invention, I came up with my own.

Cheerleading-skirt.jpg

This is a first for me. I have never made my own pattern before, I've tried but something never quite worked out, but this one did. :cheer I wrote the pattern as I went and if anyone wants it I will try to write it out. The size is a girls 7 and I'm going to start working on the pattern ASAP!

Thanks for looking! :manyheart

I've got the pattern written out on my blog! :cheer:cheer

Again be warned that this is a first attempt at writing a pattern so if you find something confusing or just wrong, or if it could be written better please let me know. I'm still learning.

Peppy Cheer Skirt

I want to see what everyone makes and I want to post them on my blog so let me know if you make it. :hug

This is super cute! What size did you make it? My daughter is a size 3T - 4T. I'd love the pattern.

This is totally adorable :cheer Way to go Mom :hook My dd's a varsity cheerleader she just made captain :)

Thank you everyone! :manyheart I'm so excited about how this turned out that I rushed to post. This is made to fit a size 7. This being my first pattern I will try my best to write it out. I'm not sure how to change it to fit different sizes, but I will see what I can do.

Thanks again everyone.:manyheart

Oh my gosh that is so cute I would so love to mke this for my two youngest god daughter's.

very cute.. your very talented..

That is so cute! It turned out great!:cheer

I'd like to have the pattern! I make items for kids in need and I think this would be nice. You made a nice skirt.

That turned out so good. You should be very proud. :clap I am sure that your dd will love it too.

I would love this pattern my little one is only wearing 3/4 now but will be in a 7 before i know it....lol - great job!!!

:cheer:clap Wow!! Very nice. So much talent. Congratulations on completing your first pattern.

You did a great job, especially for it being your first time writing a pattern. I would love to have the pattern. Thanx for doing this for all of us.

Carol:hook

that turned out very nice.

Great job!!!! :cheer:cheer I will be awaiting the written pattern, I know a 7 year old fashion plate that would just love it.

I've add the link to my blog where I've written out the pattern.

Thanks so much for the pattern. I am sure you will see some pics showing up soon!

Thanks everyone! I'm just really happy to see that so many people like it enough to want to make it!