Washrags

2333700458_2d7a0085eb.jpg?v=0

Washrags

Ch 32

Row 1 - Sc in 2nd ch from hook and all chs in row. Ch 1, Turn. 31 sc

Row 2 - 32 Sc in 1st ch, sc in back loop only of next st, sc in front loop only on next st, sc in back loop only of next st, follow ** until only one st left in row, sc in both loops of final st. Ch 1, Turn. 31 sc

At the end of row 32, ch 1.

2 sc in the same st, sc evenly down the side. 3 sc in corner st, sc across row, 3 sc in corner st, sc evenly up side, 3 sc in corner st, sc across top, 1 sc in same st as beginning 2, join, tie off. Weave in ends.

I almost always use variegated yarns on my dishcloths and washcloths. However, I used some different ones this time, and they aren't really ombres. I am thinking it was Sugar N Cream, but I could be wrong. I went on a major yarn buying spree a couple of weeks ago...and just grabbed whatever cotton looked good to me. LOL. I was really bad. I started off at Ben Franklins and spent about 25, then stopped at Walmart and spent 11. At that point I should have gone home, but stopped at Big Lots...LOL. I spent almost 30 there. I already had 6 storage boxes full when I did this. GRRRR. Anyhow, Sugar N Cream has some new yarn called Twists...it is fabulous. Have a great day.

Blessed Be

I've tried lots of other patterns, but I ADORE this one for washcloths. I use others for my dishcloths. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :) CrochetLiving, I love this stitch too. :)

Blessed Be.

Thanks for sharing the pattern. I'm going to try it cause it looks like it has good 'texture'. I've just recently fallen in love with crocheted washcloths and relegated all of my 'store bought' ones to use as rags.

~ Debby

• 1 year later...

Autumn I love your washrag pattern it worked up very nicely and quite simple to make kudos to you for the great pattern you have provided

Thank you for the great pattern!!! Love how yours looks !!!!

Recently my husband went on a business trip and like usual brought me back all the hotel small soaps, conditioners and shampoos he didn't use. My idea to "recycle" them is to make a wash cloth, take one of each of the samples and put it into a tiny bag and donate it to a Senior Citizen Center in my area. They can use them for gifts at bingo or just give them to who they think will need it.

Unfortunately I am on a "medical leave" from crocheting at this time, but this will be my next project - can't wait!!!!

Thanks for sharing !!!!!! :hug

Archived