My 2nd doily and the last one for a loooong time

yarnjunkie

Never trust a pattern that says it is "Quick & Easy!" I used a pattern from a booklet I have of pineapple doily patterns. This one was supposed to be the quickest and easiest of all. NOT!! I soldiered through and finished because I wanted to give it to my mom for Mother's Day. Here she is....

th_greendoily.jpg

...she looks all innocent but was a real beast! Sorry for the weird pic, it's a scan of the actual doily. It was too big to scan the whole thing. I think it's about 10.5" square. It was supposed to be 12" square, but that's a whole other post entirely!

Very pretty! I totally know what you mean lol. I did a doily for my mom for mothers day and though I was aching to quit, I'm glad I finished it! What did your mom think of her gift?

Beautiful doily!! I can appreciate the work you put into it (I'm too scared to try a pineapple pattern again after my first time with it being such a grrrr, LOL)

Amanda,

Congratulations on a beautiful doily. :cheerYou do really fantastic work. I bet you will find the next one a lot easier if you try one right away. You seem to have a talent for them. I like to do the little 4 - 6 inch ones with about 6 to 9 rounds. They go fast and are less frustrating than the bigger ones..

I was suckered into making the same one because it was supposed to be "quick and easy" :P lol! I ended up restarting it 2 times and still had to frog a bit of it, before I finally finished it...I agree that it was a bit of a pain...but yours really did turn out lovely! Nice work! :clap:clap:clap

Archived