Hooking For A Cure - UPDATE post #654

Daisy

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You ladies are truely amazing!!! I cant wait to see all the wonderful things wipped up out of all these squares!!!! So any idea how many they will make?

About 43 and 1/2 afghans. I'd call that incredible, really INCREDIBLE!

WHOLLY :mcow !!!!! That is absolutely amazing!!!!!!! :clap:yay

You can say that again! :yes It is amazing, isn't it?

Great Pics!

I have a couple of questions. Are you renting a fleet of trucks to get them to Angelfire?

How in the world will you decide how to put them together? What army is going to put them together?

clueless eh? Me too. I want to see pictures of the crew doing the joining. Twould be a great project for Santa's Elves.

Great Pics!

I have a couple of questions. Are you renting a fleet of trucks to get them to Angelfire?

How in the world will you decide how to put them together? What army is going to put them together?

Jimbo & Cluless, I am hoping to fit all those boxes in my Taurus. If they don't fit, my hubby might have to rent me a vehicle, lol. Hopefully, when I deliver them all to Angelfire, we will have time to sort out colors and stacks for all the afghans. I will bring a batch home with me to work on. As far as I know, it'll be just the two of us working on the squares, but we really don't mind. I need to do this, to compensate for my guilty conscience for the time I couldn't be with my mom every day....when she lost her battle with cancer.....and I pray that the proceeds, from the auction of these afghans, will help find a cure for all the beautiful ladies who battle this disease today (God bless them!). Don't worry, my friends, pictures will be taken of the important journey and progress....ya just gotta stay tuned in here. I've been busy cleaning house.....inside and out (yard). I need to finish my domestic chores, so I can crochet with a clear conscience. I hope everyone will understand and be patient with me. Hugs to ya'll!

• 2 weeks later...

We returned today from our two week vacation (Italy is AMAZING!!) and I found the cutest stitch markers in a great handmade case waiting for me! Thank you so much to Danielle, Daisy and Bonnie for taking the time out to make these and send them out! :hug You know I'll just use them to make more charity squares......:hook

Colleen

clueless eh? Me too. I want to see pictures of the crew doing the joining. Twould be a great project for Santa's Elves.

You think you could send some elves this way? I know that Daisy will not be lifting those boxes for a while. we planned on meeting at the end of July near Chicago but that has been put on hold until Daisy is doing better.

Great Pics!

The army of one (Daisy)and a mom of a Navy drill instructor (me). I think I will have him come whip me into shape so I am ready for major constuction.:devil

I didn't know Daisy was ill... I hope she feels better soon.

I have a question. I go to see my oncologist in August or Sept. Would it be OK to print out a picture of all the boxes of squares to show her what our group is doing to raise $$ to fight the beast? When I was in her office in March.. she asked me what I was crocheting and I tried to explain, but got tongue-tied.

It's no big deal iffen ya'll would prefer that it be kept here on the 'ville.

Oh, I think that'd be a great idea. You might also want to direct her to the blog. Of course, the pics of the boxes aren't mine to give permission for, I'm sure no one here would mind, particularly Daisy and Angelfire. This is such a special project, sharing it's a great idea!

Joyce (who's sorry if she's out of line ;))

I have a question. I go to see my oncologist in August or Sept. Would it be OK to print out a picture of all the boxes of squares to show her what our group is doing to raise $$ to fight the beast? When I was in her office in March.. she asked me what I was crocheting and I tried to explain, but got tongue-tied.

I don't own the pictures either, but I think that it is great to spread the good news that we care, it isn't to keep at the 'ville, you all doid a great job and we need to share our accomplishments, and our joys.

Sure, You may post the pictures of all the boxes of squares. It just might help to raise more awareness for the importance of finding a cure for cancer....the beast!

For those who are wondering about me....

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to post much. My bag of bones have put me out of commission for a bit. I don't have much in the line of motor skills to work with. It's pretty tough to even type on the computer, but I'm trying. I'm in pain...especially in both arms and back. My legs aren't carrying me around very well either (have to use a cane). The Doc feels that there is a problem with my spine, so I have to go in for an MRI on the 17th. I really need some pain meds...and dummy me, forgot to ask for them when I was in the office yesterday. Don't know if I can take another week of this, without the wonderful world of pain relievers. The only thing that seems to be working is my brain and mouth :lol, and even that's questionable :lol! I'm still in good spirits.....I just want to get better, so I can deliver those squares to Angelfire, so we can "play" with them together, before we start sewing them up. I really didn't want to spill the beans about me, but it's necessary, so ya''ll don't think I took the squares to another planet.

Don't you all go worrying. Those squares will be taken care of...as soon as I feel better.

Hugs to you all! :hug:hug:hug

Oh Daisy! I didn't know you weren't well. :( I'm so sorry. I'm sending you big big hugs and lots of good thoughts. I hope you feel better soon. :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

By the way - take the pain pills - that's what they're for!!!!! :yes

Lots of luv & hugs, :hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

Cherri

Oh Daisy! I didn't know you weren't well. :( I'm so sorry. I'm sending you big big hugs and lots of good thoughts. I hope you feel better soon. :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

By the way - take the pain pills - that's what they're for!!!!! :yes

Lots of luv & hugs, :hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

Cherri

Oh Cherri, if I had the pain pills....I WOULD be taking them. I called the doc to ask for a prescription, but I don't know if he will fulfill my request...being a new patient and all. I hope he does, as I really need them. The over-the-counter pain relievers aren't working for me...not one bit! :eek. Thank you for the googles of hugs (I need them) and for the well wishes (I need those too :blush) You are a sweetheart! :hug:hug:hugHuggin' ya back :D:devil

Oh Cherri, if I had the pain pills....I WOULD be taking them. I called the doc to ask for a prescription, but I don't know if he will fulfill my request...being a new patient and all. I hope he does, as I really need them. The over-the-counter pain relievers aren't working for me...not one bit! :eek. Thank you for the googles of hugs (I need them) and for the well wishes (I need those too :blush) You are a sweetheart! :hug:hug:hugHuggin' ya back :D:devil

If it's a muscle spasm type of pain, there's a really good muscle relaxant that will NOT make you loopy. I was given it a couple of years ago and it was a life saver. It's called Skelaxin. It's not cheap, but I thought it was very very worth the $. They also gave me 800mg of Motrin (Ibuprofen) to take with the Skelaxin.

Alot of docs are leary of prescribing narcotics for various reasons..but if the Skelaxin (or something like it) will work for you instead of a scheduled drug.. that would be the way to go.

Again, hope you feel better. Pain is not fun.

If it's a muscle spasm type of pain, there's a really good muscle relaxant that will NOT make you loopy. I was given it a couple of years ago and it was a life saver. It's called Skelaxin. It's not cheap, but I thought it was very very worth the $. They also gave me 800mg of Motrin (Ibuprofen) to take with the Skelaxin.

Alot of docs are leary of prescribing narcotics for various reasons..but if the Skelaxin (or something like it) will work for you instead of a scheduled drug.. that would be the way to go.

Again, hope you feel better. Pain is not fun.

Actually, it's not a muscle problem, it's more of a nerve pain and numbness problem. I've got nerve pain in both arms and in my neck. I just went for my blood tests today. Next week will be the MRI on my spine. I hope I will know what's wrong with me soon :think. I'm annoyed that I can't crochet or do much of anything else, except birdwatching out my window and checking in on C'ville time to time. I'm in good spirits and bummed out...all at the same time. :hug

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Daisy still has the squares. She has had surgery recently but is concerned about getting back to this very soon. Shee hasn't been able to crochet and has not been able to connect with me on a personal basis until we both heal. I hope to updatre this soon.

Archived