Hooking For A Cure - UPDATE post #654

Daisy

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just swung them around by their feet.

Can you do that to me? :rofl

I will be standing on my head on March 31st..... Just because everyone has been sooooooooo marvelously wonderful in their zealous effort to make this cause a whopping success! Hugs to everyone. :hug:hug:hug

We are at the halfway mark now, hang in there ladies, the last half will be the most fruitful! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Keep your spirits and humor up to the maximum, we all need a good laugh now and then.

Can you do this :sheepjump and crochet at the same time? I bet tracyleigh, cluless and Cherri can, they have electronic speed hooks that can make squares without human manipulation. :hook:lol

Have a great day everyone!

I am just now seeing this. I was just too tired last night to do much surfing. Would it be ok to use I Love This Yarn? I have to go pick up DS from his granny's here in a little bit and can make a swing by HL for some yarn.

Can the squares be made of 2 of the cancer colors? My dad has lymphoma and my mother has leukemia. I'd love to make squares in honor of them (especially since it was my mother who introduced me to the wonderful world of yarn and crochet).

I'd like to make some solid orange, some solid lime and a few with both colors. This is the perfect project for me: both parents with cancer and I work in cancer research. Let me add a few :cheer:cheer:cheer:clap:clap:clap:hug:hug:hug of my own for all of you out there already working so hard.

In the work I do see the successes, the failures but most importantly the hope that research brings to families who have been devastated by this hateful disease.

I am just now seeing this. I was just too tired last night to do much surfing. Would it be ok to use I Love This Yarn? I have to go pick up DS from his granny's here in a little bit and can make a swing by HL for some yarn.

Can the squares be made of 2 of the cancer colors? My dad has lymphoma and my mother has leukemia. I'd love to make squares in honor of them (especially since it was my mother who introduced me to the wonderful world of yarn and crochet).

I'd like to make some solid orange, some solid lime and a few with both colors. This is the perfect project for me: both parents with cancer and I work in cancer research. Let me add a few :cheer:cheer:cheer:clap:clap:clap:hug:hug:hug of my own for all of you out there already working so hard.

In the work I do see the successes, the failures but most importantly the hope that research brings to families who have been devastated by this hateful disease.

Welcome aboard! :hug I will add your name to our list in the first post. All squares are welcome. We do have a color list for the different types of cancers in post #1. You can make squares of two different colors....some of them are even part of the color list.

I can't wait to read your posts and please feel free to post pictures of your squares. We are all party gals here, and love to have a good time, crocheting our squares, joke a round a bit, and enjoy each other's company while we make our squares for this cause.

:cheer:cheer:cheer:hug:hug:hug

Welcome aboard! :hug I will add your name to our list in the first post. All squares are welcome. We do have a color list for the different types of cancers in post #1. You can make squares of two different colors....some of them are even part of the color list.

I can't wait to read your posts and please feel free to post pictures of your squares. We are all party gals here, and love to have a good time, crocheting our squares, joke a round a bit, and enjoy each other's company while we make our squares for this cause.

:cheer:cheer:cheer:hug:hug:hug

Thank you! Hobby Lobby here I come :lol I'm looking forward to getting started.

Good afternoon, Daisy. I kind of got a late start today but I'm on a roll now. I hope you're having a good day.:hug

Thank you Cheerie Cherri, I hope you are having a good afternoon too.

My day gets better every time I can up the posts and totals :devil

All you ladies are simply amazing I have such respect for each and every one of you. :hug:hug:hug It's because of such dedicated ladies that this effort is going to be a monumental success. :yay:2hug:hug:nworthy

Hi Daisy! I didn't have much time to work on them this past week..I now have 34 total squares.

megamomls, this is fantastic! I just added your extra 9 to the totals. You may not think it is much, but it most certainly is! Yes, indeed! Every square, ups the totals and adds a square to the afghans that will be made.

Never think that one square isn't much. They do add up! I appreciate your hard work ( I really do), unending zeal and dedication to this project!

Together we can make a difference! :hug:hug:hug

Thank you! Hobby Lobby here I come :lol I'm looking forward to getting started.

PogoJr, I can't wait to see what you come home with from Hobby Lobby. I hope you left a few skeins in the store for me to buy :rofl.

(See, we are light-hearted here).

Happy crocheting! :hook:crocheting and :hug

PogoJr, I can't wait to see what you come home with from Hobby Lobby. I hope you left a few skeins in the store for me to buy :rofl.

(See, we are light-hearted here).

Happy crocheting! :hook:crocheting and :hug

Funny you should say that. My initial thought was a skein of orange and lime green but then I got to thinking about all the other colors that I like that are also on the list. I'm sitting down now with a piece of paper to make a list of colors.

You might want to hurry on now, I may buy out their stock of ILTY. :D

Funny you should say that. My initial thought was a skein of orange and lime green but then I got to thinking about all the other colors that I like that are also on the list. I'm sitting down now with a piece of paper to make a list of colors.

You might want to hurry on now, I may buy out their stock of ILTY. :D

If you buy out all the yarn, I will have to send my flock of bald sheep over to your place, so they can dress up and disguise themselves. That way, they can sneak the yarn over to my house. :lol. Have fun! :hug

My dear sweet and beautiful crocheters, do we have any new totals to post today?

Make sure everyone checks their numbers, in post #1, to make sure that they are accurate. Hugs and thanks to all of you! :hug:cheer

I did the same thing! I bought different skeins of the colors. I now have 4 done. I know its not alot. Been a crazy house around here.

I do hope to have more done though!

Sweetie, you are doing just fine! I adjusted your totals. :hug

Daisy,

Cheryl told me about this charity drive, and I will be making dark blue and brown (for colon cancer) and peach (for uterine cancer). The first I'm supporting because I have a FIL who has it, I have several friends who have had it, I lost an Uncle to it, and I have an Aunt who has it, along with lung cancer. And the second set of squares, for uterine cancer, is in memory of my MIL, who died before my honey and I met and got married. I have all of these colors in my stash and will get going on them during this round of our Charity Square-A-Long, which is going on right now! :hook

Nice to "see" you here! :hug Thanks, Cheryl, for the heads up! :hug

Daisy,

Cheryl told me about this charity drive, and I will be making dark blue and brown (for colon cancer) and peach (for uterine cancer). The first I'm supporting because I have a FIL who has it, I have several friends who have had it, I lost an Uncle to it, and I have an Aunt who has it, along with lung cancer. And the second set of squares, for uterine cancer, is in memory of my MIL, who died before my honey and I met and got married. I have all of these colors in my stash and will get going on them during this round of our Charity Square-A-Long, which is going on right now! :hook

Well hi there, LavenderBear! It's great to see you here and thanks so much for helping out!! :hug:hug

Well, I'm back and even left a skein or 2 for you Daisy :). I ended up with 4 skeins of ILTY (white, ivory, black and burgundy) from HL and then went to Joann's for Bernat (dark blue), Caron (gold) and RH (orange and lime).

The orange and lime aren't exactly the shade I had in mind but I think they'll do. I'm going to eat a sandwich and work on my Pogo badge then get busy crocheting. :clap

Daisy,

LavenderBear, It's great to see you here too. It's been a long time!

I hope all is well with you and yours. Welcome aboard! :hug

Well, I'm back and even left a skein or 2 for you Daisy :). I ended up with 4 skeins of ILTY (white, ivory, black and burgundy) from HL and then went to Joann's for Bernat (dark blue), Caron (gold) and RH (orange and lime).

The orange and lime aren't exactly the shade I had in mind but I think they'll do. I'm going to eat a sandwich and work on my Pogo badge then get busy crocheting. :clap

Thank you for leaving me a skein! :lol

Archived