lapghans needed for senior's christmas. Blog updated with all the pictures. THANKS!!

sissie44

OH, It sounds like fun (Olympic Games Challenge). I think I will join REdheat and make 2 lapghans myself. It will be a challenge to try to do 2 squares a night. Especially since I will be on vacation and crocheting in NYC in the summer is exhausting.

I haven't signed up yet, but will surely consider it.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sissie and her helpers:

I've entered the Crochet Games of Ancient Greece 2008 (on another thread) and am challenging myself to make two lapghans for Sissie's seniors during the Summer Olympics in August.

Anyone interested in forming a team with me? We can keep each other updated on number of squares made and assembled and cheer each other on. :cheer

I'll join you...

OK I'll join you. This is a challenge as I will be on vacation for the summer, and I usually switch to quilting since I have more time.ALso, NYC steamy summers are grooling. But I will give it a go.For me it will be more squares while my son is in Day camp and less on the weekends.:crocheting:cheer

Sissie and her helpers:

I've entered the Crochet Games of Ancient Greece 2008 (on another thread) and am challenging myself to make two lapghans for Sissie's seniors during the Summer Olympics in August.

Anyone interested in forming a team with me? We can keep each other updated on number of squares made and assembled and cheer each other on. :cheer

Ok, Redheart, I'm in. Sissie needs all the help she can get to make 100 of these so I'll do it. I finished one for her and I was going to try to make another but this way it will be fun and challenging to get 2 more done. I need to take care of a couple of other things so I'll be ready. I already have the yarn picked out. I'm going over to sign up now.

Hi Sissie, I just completed my lapghan. It's light and dark green and I'm hoping to get it out to you this week.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY LADIES

Thank you I will let you know when it gets here :hug

Hold on I actually have the pics. Took them this morning. I am such a ditz! Here they are. This little pictures are clickable.

2487123796_954d53d331_m.jpg2486304955_df83f5e183_m.jpg

of course i want these Jess! They are pretty Thanks so much:hug

I was telling my Grandpa's GF about this yesterday. She had a lapghan almost completed she wanted to send with me. I told her no, since she had already mentioned it was for another charitable purpose. But if she was interested in helping you're taking squares of any size or lapghans.

I would be more than happy to have any squares she would like to send! and thanks for spreading the word :hug

Sissie and her helpers:

Oh great I think I will have to join in on your team this will be fun:cheer and thanks for thinking of me:hug:hug

Try here

Thanks for showing us :hug

Ok, Redheart, I'm in. Sissie needs all the help she can get to make 100 of these so I'll do it. I finished one for her and I was going to try to make another but this way it will be fun and challenging to get 2 more done. I need to take care of a couple of other things so I'll be ready. I already have the yarn picked out. I'm going over to sign up now.

AMEN babe and thank you so much :hug:hug

Finished!

Here's a picture of the lapghan.

lagphan-2.jpg

I used Red Heart Super Saver in Soft Navy, Hunter Green, Burgundy, and Aran.

The link to the pattern for the 12" squares is here.

-Stacia

Stacia I received your blanket yesterday :cheer:cheer

Thank you so much and it is so pretty! I love this pattern:manyheart

:hug:hug:hug

I have 5 made and here in my home now! I am going to spend this weekend sewing together a couple more it looks like I have enough squares to do that:)

Sissie and her helpers:

ok I have signed up also :cheer:cheer what is our team name going to be?

ok I have signed up also :cheer:cheer what is our team name going to be?

I am already there. don't forget bout me... :cheer

I signed up to make 2 lapghans for you.

Hi Sissie! I finally finished my lapghan this afternoon! WOOHOO!!!! :cheer I'll try to get it in the mail on Monday. Hope you like it! :hug

I am sure i will and thank you so much :hug

what's the count now sissie?

I have an idea. If it's not too much trouble for you to do, how about keeping a tally on your first post? You can do a tally of lapgahns completed and squares done. Since I'm doing squares and I think others are too, we can let you know maybe weekly how many squares we have for you.

Sissie, did you receive my lapghan? I want to mail another tomorrow.

yes Babe I Received it a couple of days ago and am going to hopefully get a photo made of it to post:clap

what's the count now sissie?

I now Have 5 Lapghan here in my home:cheer:cheer and a whole bunch of squares that I am going to start sewing together this weekend Lord willing:)

Hi Sissie,

I actually took a pic, even though it's not a very good one, lol! It's now boxed up and ready to go! Here it is!

th_maycrochet001.jpg

that is pretty can't wait to get it and see it in person:manyheart

PS this is a good picture! you aren't to see mine:eek :lol

I have an idea. If it's not too much trouble for you to do, how about keeping a tally on your first post? You can do a tally of lapgahns completed and squares done. Since I'm doing squares and I think others are too, we can let you know maybe weekly how many squares we have for you.

ok great Idea!! I have added the completed lapghans and i will count all the squares and get them added as well. I was wondering how do let everyone know just where we were at on this:think you are so smart thank you :hug:hug

yes Babe I Received it a couple of days ago and am going to hopefully get a photo made of it to post:clap

I now Have 5 Lapghan here in my home:cheer:cheer and a whole bunch of squares that I am going to start sewing together this weekend Lord willing:)

that is pretty can't wait to get it and see it in person:manyheart

PS this is a good picture! you aren't to see mine:eek :lol

ok great Idea!! I have added the completed lapghans and i will count all the squares and get them added as well. I was wondering how do let everyone know just where we were at on this:think you are so smart thank you :hug:hug

:blush Thank you, I've been known to have my moments :)

Hey Sissie, I found a fleece blanket that would suit a man I believe, that I'd like to send. It's solid grey, with a verigated yarn for the edging that is brown/blue/black/white/grey/ and maybe other neutral type colors. I'll PM you for your address.

I hope to make more, but we'll just see how things go. :) Great job!

Victoria

Hey Sissie, I found a fleece blanket that would suit a man I believe, that I'd like to send. It's solid grey, with a verigated yarn for the edging that is brown/blue/black/white/grey/ and maybe other neutral type colors. I'll PM you for your address.

I hope to make more, but we'll just see how things go. :) Great job!

Victoria

Oh great can't wait to see it:)

Hey Sissie, the green lapghan I promised went out today and should be there Monday or Tuesday. Hope you like it.

Oh great I will let you know when it gets here and thank you so much

:hug:hug:hug

Archived