lapghans needed for senior's christmas. Blog updated with all the pictures. THANKS!!

sissie44

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes:yes babe I will take any size you want to send:)

Yay! I was playing with the floral pattern last night (I really don't know what to call it, :lol ) and with a K hook Caron pound I got it to about 9 1/2 inches. If you're ok with any size, I won't worry about trying to get it too much bigger :crocheting

(Although I have decided that I really really need any available hook sizes between K and P :hook)

I have try working with the N hook and it is to big for me! now the K is ok but that is about as big as I can do.

and yes I will take anything you want to send my way:))

hugs

Either my crocheting has tightened in the almost 2 years since I first did that square, or the ww 4 yarn is different thickness. I'm leaning towards the yarn. The square I found I KNOW I did with an I hook (that's the hook that was in the bag), doing a new square with an I hook and following the pattern resulted in a smaller square. Go figure.

SIssie glad you received the squares...I will be sending more to you...

The flower one that i sent you i used and I hook and just added more rows to it to make it 12 inches...

But if you are willing to accept any size..My favorite is 8 inch ..I can get some of those made for you also..

Just let us all know...

Either my crocheting has tightened in the almost 2 years since I first did that square, or the ww 4 yarn is different thickness. I'm leaning towards the yarn. The square I found I KNOW I did with an I hook (that's the hook that was in the bag), doing a new square with an I hook and following the pattern resulted in a smaller square. Go figure.

I'm with you, I definitely think it is the yarn and I'll tell you why. I found some old white yarn that I had put away with an unfinished project. Well I made some squares with it and they were definitely bigger then what I had just made with the new yarn and I was using the same H hook on both. I think the quality of the yarn is definitely not the same these days. Even the feel of the older acrylic yarn was different.

I have done the same thing! I started an afghan with a I hook and then laid it aside to work on other things "SQUARES" :hook and when i went back to it I picked up the H hook and went to working:irk guess how far I had gone before I realized what I had done? I do see a difference in the yarn from a few years back to now though!

SIssie glad you received the squares...I will be sending more to you...

The flower one that i sent you i used and I hook and just added more rows to it to make it 12 inches...

But if you are willing to accept any size..My favorite is 8 inch ..I can get some of those made for you also..

Just let us all know...

yes dear I will accept any size, any pattern, and any color that you want to send:hug

I am finding that I would rather do some 6 or 8" squares. they seem to be going quicker!

I have our first one almost ready:) and i will post pictures as I get them made:)

I can almost say 1 down, 99 to go :eek:eek:cheer:cheer:cheer

hope everyone has a great weekend! I plan on sitting here and watching Nascar and crocheting of course :lol

I've finished 7 12-inch squares now! Only 5 more to go. I've even started joining some of the squares together. I definitely prefer to weave in ends and do my joining as I go. It's too tedious to save it all until the end!

-Stacia

Sissie--what square size do you need the most of? I'll be glad to make the 12in, but if you wouldn't mind a few 8 in squares, i can do more of those:)

sheree

:crochetingHey Sissie,

Just wanted to LYK that I have one full lapghan complete and 7 squares of the second one done. Do you want me to send them to you as they are completed?

WOW! Are you really fast or I just really slow? I only have about a 1/3 of a lapghan done :(. It's my first one ever and it's a very easy pattern, but it just seems so slowwwww! Of course, I have a few other things I'm working on too, lol! Maybe I should switch to squares for a while!

Sissie--what square size do you need the most of? I'll be glad to make the 12in, but if you wouldn't mind a few 8 in squares, i can do more of those:)

sheree

I can use any size you want to send! I love them all :cheer

Hey Sissie, only 98 to go. I'm working on a dr and lt green one that's for you. Does that help a little:D

yes that makes me feel so good:yay:yay:hug

:crochetingHey Sissie,

Just wanted to LYK that I have one full lapghan complete and 7 squares of the second one done. Do you want me to send them to you as they are completed?

WOW you are on a row thank you so much!! :hug

I will take them whenever you feel like sending them:yes If you want to send one at the time or all together either way is good with me. I have a spare bedroom where i am placing them all till we get ready to start wrapping :manyheart

Thank you everyone for helping me with this! It seems I am getting more from you than from the ladies here in town that wanted me to help with it:think

:hug:hug:hug

Sissie, just returned from the post office. I mailed out 15 squares to you.

WOW that is so great:clap:clap:clap

:ty:ty:ty

I will let you know when they get here

:hug:hug:hug

sissie

great Stacia, I am edging 6" squares right now to sew together one and looks like maybe three more here waiting to get done:))

hope everyone has a great weekend

hugs,

sissie

All things are possible!!! I just helped with the making of afghans for 140 cancer kids for this summer's camp time. It took almost a year, but the squares were 6 inch!! But, I will keep your addy handy and hopefully I can get a ghan off to you inbetween making 3 ghans for Christmas for my own family. It will amazing when they all start pouring in!!!! :manyheart

I believe I am also!! but i am loving every minute of it:clap

Do you have a simple pattern for your hotpads? how many do you think she is going to need?

Hugs,

sissie

I have a really fun pattern for hotpads that is really easy and is done all in one motion and is double sided!!! http://www.mielkesfiberarts.com/diagonal_hotpad.htm

I love this pattern. Be sure to crochet cotton and not regular yarn for hotpads.

I have a really fun pattern for hotpads that is really easy and is done all in one motion and is double sided!!! http://www.mielkesfiberarts.com/diagonal_hotpad.htm

I love this pattern. Be sure to crochet cotton and not regular yarn for hotpads.

I'm absolutly in love with the Starburst Hotpad pattern, the motifs work up very quickly since they're only 2 rounds each :lol I've also done a few of the Snowflake Potholder.

It's funny about the acrylics. I bought a bunch of cotton specifically for these. I started a lightbulb hotpad the other day and while reading over the beginning of the pattern, it says to use Caron Simply Soft, which I know to be acrylic. So I decided to try an experiment. I took a half worked square, a pattern I was playing with, and decided to see what would happen if I used it as a hotpad. I've had a pot on it directly from the stove (not the oven) twice now and no problems.

I am brand new to Crochetville, and I would love to help you with this project. Do you have a specific pattern type you use? I have several different 12" squares, but don't know if they would be acceptable or not.

Thanks,

I am brand new to Crochetville, and I would love to help you with this project. Do you have a specific pattern type you use? I have several different 12" squares, but don't know if they would be acceptable or not.

Thanks,

Welcome to the Ville GrandmotherTurtle:clap:clap hope you enjoy this place as much as the rest of us do:)

Priszm is right i will take any pattern as long as no big holes and will also take any sizes!! plus if you would like to make a whole lapghan I would love that also:manyheart

sissie

Yay! I was playing with the floral pattern last night (I really don't know what to call it, :lol ) and with a K hook Caron pound I got it to about 9 1/2 inches. If you're ok with any size, I won't worry about trying to get it too much bigger :crocheting

(Although I have decided that I really really need any available hook sizes between K and P :hook)

A couple of weeks ago I picked up the Susan Bates Crystallite packet at Joann's. The one with G-P in those pretty colors! And it was on sale, so I got it for about $9! I tried the floral square tonight with N, and if I don't stretch it, it's 12" on the dot! :clap

Archived