lapghans needed for senior's christmas. Blog updated with all the pictures. THANKS!!

sissie44

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am new here but I have a bunch of square that are about 5 inches. If you are interested in them I will send them to you. I think what you are doing is great.:cheer

sure dorothy that would be great thank you so much:manyheart

and welcome to C'Ville hope you enjoy being here. this is a great place to be:yay:yay

hugs,

sissie

Nope no family out that way. I do have family in Chambersburg PA which is on the other side of Hagerstown. My dh and I went to Harpers Ferry for a no kids allowed weekend one year and just fell in love with WV. So now we take our dd and my stepsisters out with us for daytrips. I'm a big history buff so it's an extra for me!

Hello I put all the squares in a box last night they are ready to go to the post office. I have to wait for hubby to get home so he can watch the kids before I can mail it. When the box arrives please use caution in opening it as it is very full. I wouldn't want you to cut your squares!!! If there is any thing else I can do please let me know!!

Hello I put all the squares in a box last night they are ready to go to the post office. I have to wait for hubby to get home so he can watch the kids before I can mail it. When the box arrives please use caution in opening it as it is very full. I wouldn't want you to cut your squares!!! If there is any thing else I can do please let me know!!

Dorothy thank you so much:hug:hug:hug:hug

If you have time and would like to help with the lapghans i would love to have your help:manyheart.

you take care & god bless you for this:hug:hug:hug

Sissie, I just got home from the post office so your squares should be there in 2-3 days. When I walked in the house my wonderful twins came running up to me to give me 5 squares that they had taken off with so after I clean there room I find more I will send them to you. Good luck!!

Hi Sissie, just wanted to update you. I am working diligently on a full lapghan in traditional granny squares. I have learned that I can make 3.5 squares per skein. Since I need to stash bust, I will be making at least two at a time.:crocheting

Sissie, please PM me your addy. I will start on a lapghan for you.

I guess I don't really know if you'd call it a granny square. I call any square that is worked in rounds instead of rows a "granny".

Here's the pattern that I've been using. It's easy to follow and it makes a neat diamond design.

http://www.heartmadeblessings.org/patterns/BobbysSquare.asp

I should add that you'll want to check your gauge. The pattern calls for a G hook, but when I tried that the squares turned out too small. I'm using an H hook, and my squares are 11 1/2 inches by 11 1/2 inches. I'll be edging them before I join them, so it should turn out 12 inches. If you're making an entire lapghan, the size isn't that important, but if someone else is joining your squares, you'll want to makes sure they are the 12 inches that sissie requested.

-Stacia

Stacia -- I can't get to this site. Is it possible to send me the pattern since it's a free one? I've tried for 3 days. I'm not having problems with any other site I've tried so don't know if they have a problem or I do.:think

Sissie, I just got home from the post office so your squares should be there in 2-3 days. When I walked in the house my wonderful twins came running up to me to give me 5 squares that they had taken off with so after I clean there room I find more I will send them to you. Good luck!!

oh great thanks I will let you know when they get here :) got to love the twins they know what to play with :devil

I forgot to ask what size you want the lapgans to be?

36 X 48 plus edging

Hi Sissie, just wanted to update you. I am working diligently on a full lapghan in traditional granny squares. I have learned that I can make 3.5 squares per skein. Since I need to stash bust, I will be making at least two at a time.:crocheting

that is about what i get also unlese it is a fancy square that i am doing :)

Thanks for the update:hug

have I gotten everyone my address that needs it right now?

:hug

sissie

Sissie, are there ANY colors that are off-limits. I'm gonna try and stash bust with this and I run the gamut with colors from earth tones to brights.

Thanks

Joyce

have I gotten everyone my address that needs it right now?

sissie

Nope, I'll let you know when I need it. That way I don't lose it :lol

Sissie, are there ANY colors that are off-limits. I'm gonna try and stash bust with this and I run the gamut with colors from earth tones to brights.

Thanks

Joyce

No all colors are a go :lol so run your gamut:clap:clap:clap

Nope, I'll let you know when I need it. That way I don't lose it :lol

I so know what you mean:lol just let me know when you are ready for it:)

I will send some squares soon, too. :hug

Thank you so much:hug:hug

I just wanted to let you all know we now have our first squares:clap:clap

I recieved a box FULL!! of 4 1/2" squares (52) from mrs Dorothy Thank you so much and I love the colors :hug:hug:hug

plus I recieved 2 12' squares from sandy, she is not with C'ville but they count;)

sissie

sissie, you taking 6" squares too? Lemme know and I'll get some done.

yes:yes babe I will take any size you want to send:)

count me in for help... not sure how much help.. but I'll do my best!!! :U

:mug

even one square will help with is:manyheart

and all this warmth & love they will so feel and know that there are people out here who do really care!:manyheart

:hug everyone

Archived