lapghans needed for senior's christmas. Blog updated with all the pictures. THANKS!!

sissie44

Yay!! I finally finished my very first lapghan!! It turned out nicely, I think. It's a patriotic theme so I'm hopeful some gentleman who was in the service will aprpeciate it. I'm having a hard time parting with it right now (LOL! really, it's my first!) but I will put it in the mail to you in the next couple of days, Sissy. Thanks for the opportunity to participate in this worthy cause!

I received your blanket today and it is really pretty!! this is just right for one of the gentleman here:)

I am going over to Sandy's tomorrow and will get a picture of it and up to the blog real soon

thank you so much for making this your first ever lapghan and donating it to the seniors:hug:hug:manyheart

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello, I am sorry I haven't been around for awhile. Family, health, finances...

I do still have some squares for you if you will send me your information again.

Barbara C in OR

I hope you are getting better and I will send you my address:manyheart

I sent you a PM, I got your box off to you today!

got your pm and thank you so much:hug:manyheart:manyheart

I will let you know when it gets here

I have new pic to add to my blog in just a little while as soon as my in-laws are up and out of here this morning :lol:lol

I forgot 1 when I mailed them (duh), so mailed it yesterday. The square you are talking about I will have to wait and see the pic! I make too many different patterns and colors! Will let you know when I see it. Whats going to be your next project?

I have received the second box and oh you blanket and squares are so pretty:cheer

I have added your other 2 blankets to the blog now. they are #75 & #76:)

also when i was having to move squares and things off my spare bed I found 3 Granny square blankets. did you send these to me earlier in the year?

Thank you so much for all you have done to help

Yay!! I finally finished my very first lapghan!! It turned out nicely, I think. It's a patriotic theme so I'm hopeful some gentleman who was in the service will aprpeciate it. I'm having a hard time parting with it right now (LOL! really, it's my first!) but I will put it in the mail to you in the next couple of days, Sissy. Thanks for the opportunity to participate in this worthy cause!

Hey babe wanted to let you know that you are #77 on the blog:cheer

thank you for such a pretty blanket:manyheart

Sissie mailed you a box on Friday so you should receive it soon seeing that were are not far from each other...

A little bit of everything in there :lol

Karen You are now on the blog with Numbers 78, 79, 80, & 81:cheer:cheer

thank you so much for helping:manyheart

thanks for the heads up,they look terriffic ,this is great team work,I could make squares all the time as long as someone else puts them together,what a win win situation.:cheer

Hey babe your fourth set of squares is now together and number 82 on the blog:cheer:cheer

I will sew all together that you make and we will make a great team :lol:manyheart

you have anymore sets? :lol

How pretty!! I also really like the "crazy quilt" look you got from using the random squares...awesome!

there are two like that and jessica made both of these for me:) they are neat looking

Oh my,that is a wavy pattern

#'s 48,61,62,63,82 thats my 5

It is pretty isn't it?:manyheart thank you so much for helping me and like I said before if there are other that you want to make for and just need me to sew together for you I am here and willing:manyheart:hug:hug

Ok how many do you need? After all the squares & possible incoming ones? Will you go over or do you need more?

I am thinking with what is coming now and what I still have here this will do it.

I know you have one coming still and cindy has 3 or 4 I think. who else is sending still? plus i still have 6 & 7" squares here that were sent to me back when we first started that i am still trying to join.

are we going to help meegan & Jessica C get their 12 also?

I think it was Jessica C that said she has 5 so far and i can't remember what Meegan told me:think

Also I just added #83 & #84 these two are from KellyA Thank you Kelly for helping with this:hug

Sissie,

I have been working along and have completed eight 12" squares (four to go). I had intended to send them to you, but it's looking more and more certain that you are going to be done before I am. I have sent 12 to Jessica C already, but I would have no problem going ahead and sending these to her directly, saving you the expense. (I don't know which thread is meegan's. Haven't come across it.)

If you were counting on these (maybe I'm one that you counted), please let me know.

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: 0

Silver medal for Stashbusing: 08/24/08

And I'll be sending it to you next week! I've been on Crochetville a long time, but this is my first post!

June NC

Hello June! It is about time that you started talking:lol

I will let you know when i receive it and thank you so much for helping!

Sissie, have you received my box yet?

Yes dear i received it yesterday (saturday):cheer:cheer

WOW thank you so much for everything that was quit a box you sent! The mail lady could not carry it up to my door :eek:lol:lol but I had no problem with it LOL

Thank you so much for everything:manyheart:hug:hug I will get pictures up soon

Sissie,

I have been working along and have completed eight 12" squares (four to go). I had intended to send them to you, but it's looking more and more certain that you are going to be done before I am. I have sent 12 to Jessica C already, but I would have no problem going ahead and sending these to her directly, saving you the expense. (I don't know which thread is meegan's. Haven't come across it.)

If you were counting on these (maybe I'm one that you counted), please let me know.

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: 0

Silver medal for Stashbusing: 08/24/08

I have not counted any that are not here so no yours is not counted. but i know you are working on this one and want it for the seniors so I want it just because I know what it means for you:manyheart

I still have quit a few 6 & 7" squares I still need to join:(

here is the link to Meegans help in her grandmothers name. I have posted over there that I (we;)) would like to help her meet her goal. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=85082

also here is the link to jessica's

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=76152

WOOHOO! You folks are moving right along!!!:cheer Sissie, did you get my bags yet? I hope they made it there ok and they are the right size/good quality. I always worry when ordering for the first time online! :worried

yes dear i did. sorry I got sidetrack and forgot to post before I walked away from the puter:blush

I got them friday and they are just the right size thank you so much!!

I have the invoice and will send it to you along with a couple of the bags for you to see what you take about them. I think they will be ok for what ever you need them for.

I am waiting on one more package to come in with scarves and then i will get all of them into the mail to you!:manyheart

this give me a total of 57 bags so far.

thank you so much for helping

yes dear i did. sorry I got sidetrack and forgot to post before I walked away from the puter:blush

I got them friday and they are just the right size thank you so much!!

I have the invoice and will send it to you along with a couple of the bags for you to see what you take about them. I think they will be ok for what ever you need them for.

I am waiting on one more package to come in with scarves and then i will get all of them into the mail to you!:manyheart

this give me a total of 57 bags so far.

thank you so much for helping

:cheerYeah! I'm glad you like them! No need to send any of them to me. I was thinking of ordering some of their plastic bags for the scarves, since I go thru so many gal size storage bags each month, lol! I'm always on the lookout for something a little less expensive ;). Sorry they went and put the invoice in there! :eek I'm looking forward to receiving all the wonderful scarves from your ladies! :cheer

:whew I was getting worried! I sent the Double Pink Ribbon out the same day, it went to Maine and was received by Tuesday!

I think maybe because this one was so BIG!! I am going over to Sandys on weds so will get pictures of everything then:) and thank you for the bags and the purse you made me:hug that was so sweet of you:hug

Archived