lapghans needed for senior's christmas. Blog updated with all the pictures. THANKS!!

sissie44

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
morning babe, wanted to let you know that you are 61, 62 & 63 on the blog:manyheart

Sandy is working on the last one now and we should have it ready to add by the weekend:)

thank you so much for helping

thanks for the heads up,they look terriffic ,this is great team work,I could make squares all the time as long as someone else puts them together,what a win win situation.:cheer

Wow, 37 to Go! I will get you another one by Thanksgiving. I have a quilt swap to finish first. I have one, but I am afraid it may be a bit too scrappy, it's from our swaps over on yahoo. What do you think?

BTW, where does your friend get all those great edgings? Who did the diagonal dc one? I'd love to get the pattern.

Meegan

Wow, 37 to Go! I will get you another one by Thanksgiving. I have a quilt swap to finish first. I have one, but I am afraid it may be a bit too scrappy, it's from our swaps over on yahoo. What do you think?

BTW, where does your friend get all those great edgings? Who did the diagonal dc one? I'd love to get the pattern.

Meegan

now quilting or anything with a sewing machine or needle YUCK never could do:no

I have put together a couple of the lapghans with the different squares and have a couple more here to do I think they are fine:)

she has a book called 50 crocheted Afghan borders. I have it too love it

we got it over at AC Moore's

which number is it that you are talking about?

I have more blankets to take over to sandy's tomorrow:clap:clap was going to go today but i have Dr appointment YUCK! so tomorrow I go and have fun:))

Sissie

Got my Games lapghan in the mail this morning. Going to pm you w/DC #. So glad you're having such success

Joyce

Joyce I now have your lapghan and it is so pretty:cheer:cheer

thank you so much for making this for the seniors:manyheart

will let you know as soon as I post it to the blog

Sissie mah dear I sent you something on the 9th & I was wondering if you have it yet?

yes my dear I received it today and was in tears!! it is so pretty whith my favorite colors! & thank you also for the wind chimes & the stitch marker. I love wind chimes all sizes:manyheart

I have no idea how ya'll managed to keep this a secret!! even windy keep her mouth shut:think:lol!!

you will all get to see it real soon!! next set of photos that go up on the blog will have it there:manyheart:manyheart

Thank you so much Jessica this was the sweetest thing to do for me:hug

:hug:hug:hug

I already shared this with Sissie..... but wanted to post here too.

I'm sending these 12 - 12" squares to sissie for her to put together for a comfortghan for one of her Seniors.

I had sent a few squares here and there... but just felt I needed to do more. Hope this helps keep someone warm!

DCP02750.jpg

:heart

:mug

oh tammy dear you have done so much:manyheart thank you so much for this one also it is a pretty one! I love the pattern.

we have got to get started on yours also! how many do you have now? I think last count was 5 right?

Sissie mailed you a box on Friday so you should receive it soon seeing that were are not far from each other...

A little bit of everything in there :lol

Karen i received it and thank you so much for the 4 lapghans and the squares and the Yarn:cheer:cheer WOW what a nice package. i love the colors you chose for your RR's they are so pretty:manyheart

Sissie, there will be one on it's way the end of this week..

Oh goodie:clap I will let you know when it gets here:manyheart

I am heading over to sandy's tomorrow to take pictures:cheer:cheer:cheer

looks like we will have 12 more to go up on the blog:cheer:cheer:cheer

we are getting so close to our goal now it is great:cheer:cheer:cheer

I did find out that the party will be on 12/19 but she was going to have to get back with me on the total count. I told her she needed to make it soon as we were getting down to the end here for our goal of 100 and I wanted to make sure that NO ONE would be left out!!

now I have another favor to ask:blush Do any of you have any of the big Christmas bags Laying around in your closets? you know the ones that have the Handles that you just place the gift in. we talked about it and decided that putting the blanket in one of these bags is the best way that way when we hand them out we will be able to match blanket with person:)

thanks again everyone for all you are doing for the seniors this year:manyheart

Yay!! I finally finished my very first lapghan!! It turned out nicely, I think. It's a patriotic theme so I'm hopeful some gentleman who was in the service will aprpeciate it. I'm having a hard time parting with it right now (LOL! really, it's my first!) but I will put it in the mail to you in the next couple of days, Sissy. Thanks for the opportunity to participate in this worthy cause!

I dont have any bags but when I go to the thrift stores I will look. Angel View gets them right after xmas & saves them to sell starting soon I think. They had a butt load last year. My mom also made another blanket but I think it is too small. I will have to measure it to see if I send it to you or to someone that needs baby blankets. :D

I'll try to remember to check out some dollar stores before sending you my box. I've got the idea of making a scrap irish chain lapghan, which shouldn't take too long (fingers crossed!). There's another I have in mind, but I don't see that one getting done. Then again, since I plan on using a larger hook, it might.

Sissie... here is an idea for you... my Mom quilts and when she makes a blanket for one of us she takes a pillowcase -- puts a slit in the hem, threads a string through..... viola a drawstring bag... you can pick pillowcases up at the thrift stores rather cheap... and they can be used over and over again...

Yay!! I finally finished my very first lapghan!! It turned out nicely, I think. It's a patriotic theme so I'm hopeful some gentleman who was in the service will aprpeciate it. I'm having a hard time parting with it right now (LOL! really, it's my first!) but I will put it in the mail to you in the next couple of days, Sissy. Thanks for the opportunity to participate in this worthy cause!

Oh dear this is so sweet that you will give up your first ever blanket crocheted:manyheart are you sure you would not rather save it?

Kelly I received your 2 blankets yesterday and they are both so pretty:clap

thank you so much for the time you donated to making these for the seniors.

will be meeting with sandy in the morning for coffee so will hand these 2 plus the 4 I have here from Karen to get our pictures up to the blog :cheer

Archived