lapghans needed for senior's christmas. Blog updated with all the pictures. THANKS!!

sissie44

WOW I found someone as busy as me:lol so do you have a list or can you remember it all in your head? me i have to have a list and mark off as I go :lol

Hugs,

sissie

I swear I've done more crochet in the last several months than I have in the last several years :lol So far I'm doing good and not having to have a list. For the most part everything is for a few select people so I'm not worrying too much yet. As for hotpads, I figure I'll just make up a bunch and then have mom tell me how many she really needs/wants.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would be happy to make a few squares and maybe a lapghan or 2...

Send me a pm with your addy...Please

Karen

I have PMed you, and thank you so much for helping with this:hug

sissie

I swear I've done more crochet in the last several months than I have in the last several years :lol So far I'm doing good and not having to have a list. For the most part everything is for a few select people so I'm not worrying too much yet. As for hotpads, I figure I'll just make up a bunch and then have mom tell me how many she really needs/wants.

I believe I am also!! but i am loving every minute of it:clap

Do you have a simple pattern for your hotpads? how many do you think she is going to need?

Hugs,

sissie

I have the lightbulb hotpad pattern that was an Annie's Attic Free pattern of the day a few months ago. I also have one that I recently found and cannot think of the name right now. It's done in 2 round motifs. Then 4 or 5 of them are joined together. I also found a bell someplace, so I'll have a nice variety.

I got one square done! DBF and I went for a nice long 31 mile bike ride yesterday and I took some yarn with to work on a square on the drive to the trail.

DBF and I stopped at Goodwill today to donate some stuff. While there I told him I wanted to see if I could find a headboard I liked. I didn't find a headboard, but I did find all this:

th_GoodwillBatch.jpg

The image is clickable. The black, white and gray I'm thinking I'll leave as is. I'll just wash it and re-tuck in the ends. It's 7 squares by 5 squares and each one is about 10". The purple is also about lapghan size, so I'm thinking of leaving that one as is as well. There's a shawl that will be washed and sent. The rest I'll be taking apart to use for my squares. I got all of those for only $16!

DBF and I stopped at Goodwill today to donate some stuff. While there I told him I wanted to see if I could find a headboard I liked. I didn't find a headboard, but I did find all this:

th_GoodwillBatch.jpg

The image is clickable. The black, white and gray I'm thinking I'll leave as is. I'll just wash it and re-tuck in the ends. It's 7 squares by 5 squares and each one is about 10". The purple is also about lapghan size, so I'm thinking of leaving that one as is as well. There's a shawl that will be washed and sent. The rest I'll be taking apart to use for my squares. I got all of those for only $16!

What a great find!:yay

I got one square done! DBF and I went for a nice long 31 mile bike ride yesterday and I took some yarn with to work on a square on the drive to the trail.

I would not call 31 mile bake ride NICE:eek NO WAY!!! I would be dead LOL

:hug

th_GoodwillBatch.jpg

:clap:clap:clap GREAT FIND!!!:cheer:cheer

I would not call 31 mile bake ride NICE:eek NO WAY!!! I would be dead LOL

We're doing the MS150 April 26/27. It's 150 miles between Cypress Gardens in Winter Haven, FL and Seaworld in Orlando. 75 miles each way. It's to raise funds to fight Multiple Sclerosis, which is no fun. If you're interested in my story, I have it at http://www.freewebs.com/ridetoerasems/

I made my Mom a Lapghan for Mothers Days last year... and she proudly showed it to anyone and everyone she came into contact with her while she lived at a nursing home. She's recently passed...

And I'd love to make a square or two...

She would love this.

Good evening Sissie! :hug:manyheart

How fast hun do you need these done? I am a little swamped now, but, give me a week or 2, and I can whip squares for ya hun! :hook

I luv your name! My Nikki calls Amanda Sissie!:hug:lol

I made my Mom a Lapghan for Mothers Days last year... and she proudly showed it to anyone and everyone she came into contact with her while she lived at a nursing home. She's recently passed...

And I'd love to make a square or two...

She would love this.

I am so sorry for your loss:( and thank you so much for helping:manyheart i will PM you with my address

sissie

Good evening Sissie! :hug:manyheart

How fast hun do you need these done? I am a little swamped now, but, give me a week or 2, and I can whip squares for ya hun! :hook

I luv your name! My Nikki calls Amanda Sissie!:hug:lol

you have time, I would like to have everything done and ready to wrap by the 15th of dec! so squares by the 1st of dec, if you are sending a whole lapghan then by the 15th:manyheart

so we have 8 months & 13 days :lol:yay:clap

I am finishing up a cancer 12 different cancer colors squares lapghan for auction on the 29th plus tring to do a few of the 8" cancer squares we are doing on here. so I haven't even started on this yet!!:eek hope to get started next week:yes

sissie

PS my grandfather named me sissie when I was born, and it stuck:)

now you are talking my language. :c9

How many rounds on the border do you want.? I can really knock out a few for you .:manyheart

I am doing two rounds, but it is up to you how ever many makes you happy;)

thank you so much for helping me with this it really means a lot to me :manyheart

sissie

I would love to send a lapghan or 2 your way. What size is a good size for one? Can you PM me the your addy?

I am doing 36 X 48 plus a boarder. but what ever size makes you happy ;)

and thanks so much for helping me you lady's are the best!! :hug:hug:hug

sissie

Archived