lapghans needed for senior's christmas. Blog updated with all the pictures. THANKS!!

sissie44

good afternoon everyone, I have a close friend here in town that does a lot of work for the senior's at the senior center due to her mother needing to be there. and she also does the Prayer shawl's for them. and now she is down to just getting two shawl's a month one from me and the one she makes. so anyway i was talking to her about making the lapghans cause even the men could use those. she had never heard of them, so i was telling her about C'Ville and how we all donate 12" squares. and I was telling her that the lady's at her church might be willing to help with squares as that doesn't take as long to make!

anyway the next day when we were at curves she asks me if it would be possible to make all the senior's at the center a lapghan for christmas. and me being me and not thinking first said sure no problem!! before I even asked her how many we would need!! guess how many she needs? 100:scared:scared:scared and that means 1,200 12" squares and did you know there is only 9 months till Christmas:eek

I believe and have faith that with the help of everyone here plus her church and i am posting a note in curves for 12" squares, (any colors you want due to this will be for men and women ) that this will be a nice challenge and is possible:cheer:cheer

If you feel like you have the time and would even like to make a lapghan for this that would really be a nice and great thing to help me with. ( i will send you the postage for mailing one to me!)

It would really be appreciated so very much and this will make a few of our elderly feel the love of the season, for we all know how they are forgotten at christmas time:(

I want to thank each of you for helping us reach this goal and show that all things are possible in the lord and in love!!:manyheart

Lapghans will be 36" x 48" plus border If you are making a lapghan it can be any pattern you chose and does not have to be squares.

Hugs,

sissie

I want to thank everyone here for all you have done to make this goal come true!! I know without this team of ladies here I would never have made it!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU:manyheart:hug:hug:hug

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like I'll have some time on my hands coming up :lol:lol I think I can make a few squares and maybe even get a lapghan done.. the squares will probably get better as my pain meds decrease:D..just PM me your address and I'll work on that for April along with the charity blitz!

I work in long-term care (nursing home) and I wanted to let you know the residents LOVE the crocheted blankets!! They are colorful and happy and they are made just for them! They start telling stories centered around crocheted items, they feel and brush against them. Some identify their room by the blanket folded at the end of the bed.

I've been wanting to do something like this, but am inundated with projects right now. So this one will be perfect since I have until December!

Please count me in.....please PM me your addy....I've got 9 months so I'm sure I can put together at least a couple lapghans.

Big Hugs :hug to you for helping your friend!

Looks like I'll have some time on my hands coming up :lol:lol I think I can make a few squares and maybe even get a lapghan done.. the squares will probably get better as my pain meds decrease:D..just PM me your address and I'll work on that for April along with the charity blitz!

PM You and thank you so much:manyheart

maybe you will come up with a new pattern while on your meds:lol

hope you feel better soon

hugs and thank you so much for your help:hug

I will help with squares and let me know how big the lapghans should be and does it matter on the stich for the lapghans?

great i have PMed you thanks for helping me:manyheart

I have updated the first post with the size glad you assed I forgot to post that:blush

the size will be 36" X 48" plus the edging. I believe that is the right size for wheelchairs. If you are making a lapghan it doesn't have to be squares. It can be any pattern you like.

Hugs,

sissie

I can try this. I have some other WIPS and swaps and square projects right now but I have nine months, right?

Joyce

yes I have till christmas.

Thank joyce for helping me:manyheart do you still have my address?

hugs,

sissie

I work in long-term care (nursing home) and I wanted to let you know the residents LOVE the crocheted blankets!! They are colorful and happy and they are made just for them! They start telling stories centered around crocheted items, they feel and brush against them. Some identify their room by the blanket folded at the end of the bed.

I have heard this and it sure makes them feel loved.

Thanks for sharing this:manyheart

Hugs,

sissie

I've been wanting to do something like this, but am inundated with projects right now. So this one will be perfect since I have until December!

Great, Thanks for helping:manyheart Just let me know when you need my address.

what kind of Projects are you into? I am just now finishing up with our SP swap and still have two more baby blankets to get made by may. then it will be all this till I am done:)

Hugs,

sissie

Sissie, will the lapghans be enough for those who aren't wheelchair bound (I've never done a lapghan before)?

I got my Lion email today and it gave me a thought. Anyone looking for different patterns to try, Lion's website has different crochet stitches. They have them made up in smallish squares, but it'd be easy enough to make them bigger.

Please count me in.....please PM me your addy....I've got 9 months so I'm sure I can put together at least a couple lapghans.

Big Hugs :hug to you for helping your friend!

Thanks so much for helping:manyheart I have PMed you

Hugs:hug

sissie

Sissie, will the lapghans be enough for those who aren't wheelchair bound (I've never done a lapghan before)?

I got my Lion email today and it gave me a thought. Anyone looking for different patterns to try, Lion's website has different crochet stitches. They have them made up in smallish squares, but it'd be easy enough to make them bigger.

I think so but not sure:think You think maybe I should be doing 3 squares by 5 squares? or 36 X 60:think

can you share the web address for Lion please I would like to see it

Hugs,

sissie

yes I have till christmas.

Thank joyce for helping me:manyheart do you still have my address?

hugs,

sissie

I do. But if it comes time to send and I can't find, I'll pm you:hug

Joyce

Great, Thanks for helping:manyheart Just let me know when you need my address.

what kind of Projects are you into? I am just now finishing up with our SP swap and still have two more baby blankets to get made by may. then it will be all this till I am done:)

Hugs,

sissie

:lol We must have posted at the same time. I have a friend having a busy year. She's having a baby in May and getting married in the fall. The baby afghan and bunny is done, I'm on the second to last round of the afghan that I'm giving as a wedding gift, I have the border to do after that. Friend has an almost 4 year old daughter as well, and I don't want her to feel left out, so I'm planning on doing a Care Bear for her. And I'd like all of this to be shipped to them by the end of April (at the latest!) so I can just do one shipping. I finished my doily swap I just need to get it mailed out.

Then, a co-worker is 18(?) weeks pregnant and another co-worker (N) and I are contemplating gifts. N is going to do an aghan at mom-to-be's request. I'm thinking a Care Bear and some washcloths and bibs since she's having a boy.

I'm also planning on doing a breast cancer afghan to auction off, but the auction will happen this fall. Oh, and I also need to get started on hotpads. Mom is a supervisor and requested holiday ones for her employees. I told her no problem, she just needs to buy me the yarn :hook. I'll have that yarn in my hot little hands on Sunday. But once I get the stuff being shipped up North out of the way, I'll have square time.

As for Lion, it's www.lionbrand.com there's free registration to view patterns, but the crochet stitches themselves I don't think you have to register for.

I'll make a lapghan for you. Will not make granny. I'll make a whole lapghan. I'll pm you for address. I'll have it in the mail by no later than Sept 30th. My daughter is pregnant and due in Nov. So that's gonna be a busy month. I'll get the lapghan (s) done before that.

Hi Sissie! Count me in! I've never done a lapghan, but will give it a try! Squares are definite though! I have your address. :hug

ok thanks Ann Crochetville members are the best:manyheart

I can make up a couple. I will also see if I can rope my step sister in. I'll need your address though, so I'll pm you.

Thanks babe and thank your sister for me also:manyheart I have sent you my address.

Hugs,

sissie

North out of the way, I'll have square time.

As for Lion, it's www.lionbrand.com there's free registration to view patterns, but the crochet stitches themselves I don't think you have to register for.

WOW I found someone as busy as me:lol so do you have a list or can you remember it all in your head? me i have to have a list and mark off as I go :lol

Hugs,

sissie

I'll make a lapghan for you. Will not make granny. I'll make a whole lapghan. I'll pm you for address. I'll have it in the mail by no later than Sept 30th. My daughter is pregnant and due in Nov. So that's gonna be a busy month. I'll get the lapghan (s) done before that.

you are so great thanks!!!! do you have my address or do I need to pm you

this is really going to help me out with the lapghans coming in ready made:cheer

I have BIG HUGS:hug:hug FOR EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!!

this means a lot to me

sissie

Archived