Easter Hat

woomba

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh191/woomba_photos/Easterhat.jpg[/img]

:cheer

Couldn't sleep last nite, picked up a needle and came up with this easter hat. Just how the needle went lol. I may enter this in a Easter Hat competition with a few embellishments on it. (Crochet bunny,eggs, basket - miniature of course The floral deco is removable. Hope you can see it. my first try at trying to do a thread.

I'm so "HOPPY" you shared the hat with us.

:rabbit

It's fantastic and perfect for Easter!

:rabbit:rabbit

It should be the hit of thecompetition .....good luck!

:rabbit:rabbit:rabbit

Thank you so much for your comments! I started out with a quick dc mesh type beanie with two rows of ribbon yarn at the bottom. I then added a two strand rim with 1sc (first row) and then hdc rows inc as needed till I got the rim I wanted. Ended rim with a reverse sc. I then crocheted (loose sc) the ribbon yarn in the mesh around the hat (from the bottom up). 2rows white and 1 row pink. When I got to the top I crocheted the last pink row - two mesh rows together and the top of my hat is mesh. I guess I kinda sculpted it lol. Was really quick and fun doing because it just kind of flowed as I was making it. I love removable decos - so I have a little nest full and I added one. I made a chain stitch 7 point flower with pink ribbon yarn to put under the white rose and attached it with a pin fixture.

I'm a self learner and I'm not good with patterns. I crochet from pictures or I just let the needle flow lol. But if anyone can figure out my general instructions and try one...please let me see what you come up with. I will try posting the top of the hat when my hubby gets up to take the picture.

Oh my that is beautiful. What a great Easter bonnet. Wish something like that would just "come off my needle" lol Debby

I completely agree with you there! Beautiful work! :clap

Archived