You might be a Crochet Addict if:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not quite that bad but I could be.

My stash isn't nearly that large cause I only buy yarn when I have a project to do but I might start buying it 'just because' after I get said projects finished.

I still need to untangle a mess in my bedroom and a mess I moved into the room I'll eventually turn into a craft room.

:frog

I guess its my turn to share the shame......:blush

This is photos of my very very unorganize craft room....the rubbermaid totes hold yarn, yarn and more yarn.... I was in the process of setting the room up and stupidly decided to purge my house of crafty things and send them to our business office (which is a large mobile home) thusly causing much chaos...I claimed the master bedroom for mine...muahahaha and sadly this is the result!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/70623003@N00/

I also sewing...ummm as you probably can tell, as well as paint and well collect crafty crap!:eek

Ladies in central texas...do you see what you could help me go through sort and organize???? HINT HINT! LOL

btw one corner had been calmed and organized...whew 3 more corners and walls and a closet and on top of things left!! Hey I made progress!!!:devil

You know you are a crochet addict when....you hubby says when you walk into wal-mart....."I gotta grab somethings, when I'm done I'll pick ya up in the craft section...." :blush

I do not feel alone anymore :clap Yes, I'm a crochet addict and I'm not ashamed of it. Everyone knows that I always head for the craft department and yes, they know me there. My family doesn't complain as they know that the yarn turns into things for them ;) . Dear husband shut up when he took some of my crocheted things to work before Christmas one year and sold over $350.00 worth. That shut him up!!!!! :hook

I could never imagine joining anything calls stash busters :eek :eek :eek One can NEVER have too much yarn. I would rather be poked in the eye with a sharp stick :rofl :rofl

I'm afraid that I too am a crochet addict (craft addict for that matter!):hook I've got large containers of different yarns, from KW to thread, plus containers full of things like doll heads (make those dolls) & different things I've found that one day I'm going to make into something. My family thinks I'm nuts!:lol

• 2 years later...

:hookHi I'm Christal and I'm a true-blue crochet addict! LOL A few days ago I ordered 38 skeins, 18 were one pounders, from Joanne.com. It's supposed to be delivered today!:yay When it gets here I will be on :c9!

That should be enough for all the round ripples I'm making for Christmas this year!:clapAll I can say for myself is it was free shipping and they were all on sale!:think

That was so funny. I always have WIP's, WIM's, and PIG's. The girls at our Michaels know when they see my DH and I coming with a cart, they're going to have lots of yarn to ring up. My stash is out of control right now, getting ready for fairs, everything is disorganized. I think many of us here are addicts.

Pam~that is me!! I was just thinking yesterday that I didn't have a current project that I could take with anywere! I got a great laugh reading these posts! I fit alot but not all of them. I now know what to call all those bags with everything for a project in it.....PIGS! My dh with laugh when heres me say that I have several pigs in my craft room. LOL! I must say there needs to be a messege board for our guys to get support!!hehe

I am a farily new member to this group, but my husband has already asked if there is a support group for the husbands of women who crochet.:P I told him to start one so I could crochet during their meetings.:devil

Count my husband in. For some reason, it annoys him if I crochet while we're watching TV together. He sleeps and misses the plots.

You might be a Crochet Addict if:

You make a list of yarn to get, when you know you will have 2 weeks to crochet becuse you will be the only one home. And you have 4 tubs full of yarn all ready!!!

You might be a Crochet Addict if: You are at party and keep thinking I wish I had my yarn and hook with me.

You might be a Crochet Addict if: If you stay home, and not go to the party, cause you want to crochet and not get dressed up.

You might be a crochet addict if: your husband offers to take you yarn shopping on your wedding anniversary because he knows you would probably rather do that than anything else he can think of!

My husband did offer on our last anniversary...I didn't take him up on it because I want him to think I love him more than crochet:hook It was sweet that he offerred!

I know I'm addicted, but I don't want a cure.

My family always asks "What are you making", instead of "Hello".

I take my "knitty-ditty" bag everywhere.

I went nuts when I lost a hook, had to buy one along the way.

My parents took me to A.C. Moore on my B-day to get me a crochet book I wanted.

Everything else fits me too.

Ellie 13

well, I don't think I am that bad but I will happily admit I am addicted and I don't want to stop!! This one happened to me today and I got a laugh...

You know you are addicted when you find yarn in your laundry basket (mixed in with the clean clothes). I was putting away a load of laundry that I did yesterday but instead of putting it up I just left the basket on the chest at the foot of the bed, when I found 2 skeins of yarn mixed in.:blush Don't remember putting it there but will find some use for it.

I have lots of WIP's, WIM's, UFO's and WIT's (what is this?). I have found no PIGS yet (I might get them if I shop for a WIM :lol). My stash is not that organized. I'm in the stash busting CAL, so my family doesn't mind my ":crocheting all the time".

Ellie 13

Hello,

I took my crocheting to a concert at my church last night got about 6 rows done on this really cool coat before I ran out of a color I need for three more rows. I also worked on a hat when I ran out of the yarn for the coat. I went to another concert a few months ago and was watching the groups sign and I was up dancing around and crocheting all the while my hook never stopped moving. A friend of mine saw me and just laughed she said that was anew one one her. She had never seen someone that was able to dance and crochet at the same time and never miss a beat in either.

I too have a project in my car and in my work bag and in my bedroom so that I always have something to do. I have the attention span of a fly so waiting in long lines does nothing for me.

I too am addicted to crochet. I think it is all my grandmothers fault. She tuaght me how to do it when I was a young child and a little over two decades later I am still going. I miss her but often when I pick up hook or some of the quilts that I have started doing again recently I think about her.

This thread has been hilarious.

NiYa :yarn

LOL. And, here's another. You know you are an addict when you have a full set of needles, but since one of them is in use in a project, and you need that size for another project, you go buy a new one. And, not just one. You might need another J while you're at it, so you buy a whole new set. You understand, of course, that you might forget which hook you were using if you take it out of the project, so buying these new ones just makes sense. :)

Blessed Be.

Archived