You might be a Crochet Addict if:

saw this somewhere else....

you know you're addicted when you've learned to eat cheetos (you know, the puffs?) with toothpicks so you don't get your fingers/yarn stained.....

I DID that before I read it...that was weird...I thought I was the only one:lol

Jessi, you should add this one to the weird tip thread that's going on for a while now! I think it's a great tip.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been here :rofl :rofl so hard I woke my husband up.

Now I know what I can call the yarn and thread in the bags on the floor of my middle room (good thing it is just the two of us).:pig :pig :pig

My problem is I keep getting rid of beds and chairs to make room for shelves and bins to hold my finished projects and left over yarn and such.

My hubby doesn't complain, because I do not complain about his cigar humidors.

So if they won't start a group for men, find them a hobby, so they won't bug you.:idea:scrachin

Video games work wonders :) *L* if you want to crochet invest in a gaming system:)

It is so wonderful to get it off my mind.

"YES I AM ADDICTED."

When I have carpal tunnel and can't decide what time of year it would be best, to have the surgery. Hey!!! There are birthdays and Christmas.

But the fact is I'm recovering from spinal cancer and crocheting gives me peace. I suffer from a multiple syndromes and symptoms. I'm 52 and after 20 years of marriage, divorced. I love my crocheting and I love the people I have meet through the internet, that share the same passion.

I thank all of you wonderful people:manyheart

The bag is on the ready, when ever I leave the house. Maybe I will have to wait a few minutes at the doctors. Or when I get driven to the grocery store, I can get one more row in. Oh the best I couldn't find my hooks for days. When and bought a whole new set. I found them, said I would take back the new ones. But the thought of ever going through that again, I keep the extra set.

Mary

Yarnaddic

I don't know if this one is on here but:

You know you're an addict when you have a different crochet project in each room of the house, plus the car. That way you don't have to take your projects with you, you have a project where ever you happen to be.

I have a project in the living room, one in the bedroom and one in the car. My sewing room is full of my quilting supplies.

Hubby gave me one last night.:hug

You know you are addicted when coming home after a long day out, he ask if you want to stop at Joanns, Michaels or WalMart as we will be passing them on the way home. Here is the addiction. You say yes to all three.

:rofl

:hook Got to love this addiction.:hook

You know you're an addict when you have a stash like this....

somestash2ie.jpg

and you have to go to Michael's or Walmart to get yarn for a special project!!!!

Holy cow Diamond. You have more selection than most stores! Can I come shop in your closet?

Tell me you were on stashbusters this month!

Yes, I'm on StashBusters for May! But only for May!!! Check it out, I have 3 pages now of my stash and have still more to put on the site! Links are at the top of the page. My Stash (3 pages)

Yesterday me and my 3 yr old got in the car and she asks me "Where are we going Momma, to get some yarn?" I'm serious people.....I just :rofl

And my oldest refuses to go shopping with me if the trip includes anywhere that sells yarn/craft stuff.

Ha! My 3 yr old does the same thing and my 5 year old son pitches a fit if I mention the yarn store. He whines "Aw Mom, it's SOOOO boring."

Crazy kid. Like yarn could EVER be boring. Heh.

Melissa.....glad to know I'm not the only one with such a large stash!!!! :hug

Okay, Diamond and Melissa, thanks for making us all drool!

You know you're a crochet addict when the site of those pics produces a mild euphoria!

And to be able to touch it all...

This thread has me laughing out loud!

Tandi

A New One Michaels Coupons,

When you sneak out on garbage day early to see it the neighbours have thrown out the Michaels flyer with the 40% coupon.

Shooooo don't tell anyone, Tee Hee

Mary

OMG, this happens to me too! My daughter will NOT go with me anywhere if it includes yarn shopping and my husband is constantly asking me when the heck I am coming to bed, to which I reply, "After I finish one more row!"

Totally funny!

How about when your dh asks if you are ever coming to bed? Or your family asks you if they're ever gonna get dinner.....oh I could go on...

Yesterday me and my 3 yr old got in the car and she asks me "Where are we going Momma, to get some yarn?" I'm serious people.....I just :rofl

And my oldest refuses to go shopping with me if the trip includes anywhere that sells yarn/craft stuff.

I've got to tell on myself. Today, I had to take my daughter to the Dr. because she hit her ear on a wooden toy box.

In getting ready, I made sure to have the baby, the diaper bag, the phone, and my crochet supplies. I made it out of the driveway before I realized I had left my wedding bands in the medicine cabinet! :eek

How bad is that to make sure you have crochet and not think about your wedding bands?!? (I don't usually take them off, but still!)

You know you're an addict when you have a stash like this....

somestash2ie.jpg

and you have to go to Michael's or Walmart to get yarn for a special project!!!!

Oh goody! Someone with more yarn than me!!!!:clap

And believe it or not, today while making 'Loopi Sheep Measuring Tape' (see Show & Tell), I could not find any black yarn!!! Sure I have Patons Brilliant in black, chenille in black, fun fur in black, Sirdar Yo-Yo in black, wool in black, thread in black, but NO plain ol' simple black yarn!!!! I finally found a wee bit stashed in my 'odds & ends' tote bag....thankfully it was enough with enough to make another Loopi! But I thought for sure I was going to have to wait until June to finish him and I was on a roll...couldn't put Loopi down until he was done!

I am positively drooling over that stash:drool and my husband thinks I have a lot.

Just because I have 6 roll away drawers with 3 drawers each, plus some in the yard caddy.

Ok, here goes another one: YOU KNOW YOU ARE A CROCHET ADDICT:

when you pull down your favorites and there is the bank, mortgage, credit card sites and 200 Crochet sites.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl I think this is one of the best threads for a good laugh I have read in a long time.

o.k i admit it, i am a crochet addict :lol :lol :lol all of the above things are me. hubby and kids always know when i go out, i am heading to the craft store:lol :lol and always bring home yarn:D :blush vicki

OK...here's another from me:

You know you're a crochet addict when your hubby (who is not a crocheter or even understands crocheting) starts giving you ideas of what to make!

You know you're a crochet addict when your hubby plans a trip to the Keys fishing and says "Do you want to go & fish or stay home & crochet? It's just us men going but we love having you along." (knowing full well I won't go with this particular group of men, although I have before and I've taken my crochet on the boat with me. I do, afterall, out-fish them all! I always take my crochet to the Keys, you never know when it's going to rain, and I can sit on the beach & crochet when it's sunny)

Archived