You might be a Crochet Addict if:

The first step is admitting it. OK, I admit it. Now can you admit it? Read here if you have any doubts what-so-ever!

You might be a crochet addict if:

10. The managers at the craft stores call you by your first name and meet you at the door with a big basket and a bigger smile.

9. All the sales people call you by your first name.

8. You get preferred customer invitations to "see the new shipment of yarn before it's released to the public".

7. Your daughter calls you on your cell phone and starts the conversation with "Ok, Mom, which craft store are you in"?

6. Your husband suspects you work for the CIA because he hears you talking to someone about WIPs, WIMs, PIGs, frogging and other foreign words he's never heard before.

5. Your husband orders a pizza delivered to the yarn department because you've been gone so long he's afraid you might starve to death.

4. You do spring-cleaning and find a litter of pigs and you can't remember what projects they were meant for.

3. You keep your crochet patterns and hooks in a steel safe in case you get burgled or the house catches fire.

2. You packed lots of yarn and hooks for a long vacation but forgot to pack your underwear.

And, drum roll please, the number one sign that you might be a crochet addict:

1. As you leave the store you hear wild cheering and applause as the manager announces over the loud speaker that "we just passed our sales goal for the month" and it's only the 14th day of the month!

NOW can you admit it???

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PIG was new for me too. I'm pretty sure I've just about got the rest covered. Except maybe the last one. I'm don't have that much $, but if I did....:devil ...lol.

How about when your dh asks if you are ever coming to bed? Or your family asks you if they're ever gonna get dinner.....oh I could go on...

Yesterday me and my 3 yr old got in the car and she asks me "Where are we going Momma, to get some yarn?" I'm serious people.....I just :rofl

And my oldest refuses to go shopping with me if the trip includes anywhere that sells yarn/craft stuff.

Jessi......your forum name says it all, doesn't it! But I know exactly what you mean, if my family knows there's yarn or stash to be bought, they won't go. For gifts for me, they now all buy me gift cards to Walmart, Michaels, book stores, etc. Even my friends have been buying me gift cards at these places, too. They know they'll eventually get a crocheted gift from me, so this helps in making sure they do.

Well according to that I'm not an all out addict :thinkBut the people at my pharmacy know me when I walk in my stuff is sitting there rung up, they see me coming :eek Oh the girl at the video store too sheeven tells me what not to rent :lol

Ahhh... it all makes sense now. So, I am the PIGer and the projects are the PIGees?? :think

I must admit, the plastic shopping bag is an invaluable addition to my knitting and crochet tools. I could not "craft" without them!!:blush My husband finally became offended by the "bag lady" effect and bought me a large tote at a department store and I use that to take projects to the track or work.

I am a farily new member to this group, but my husband has already asked if there is a support group for the husbands of women who crochet.:P I told him to start one so I could crochet during their meetings.:devil

How about, you know you're a crochet addict when you can actually crochet while Jazzercising! Yes folks, I bring my crochet to Jazzercise. How pathetic am I? I'm working on a graduation gift for my neighbors daughter and I actually brought it to Jazzercise and worked on it there. I stuck the ball of yarn in the pocket of my workout shorts and then crocheted during the songs.... LOL!

Haha Veronica- my hubby would love to join. I just found out recently that he hates my crocheting! I think because it takes away his cuddling time :) SO I'll ahve to be better at putting it down and coming to bed!

But *L* have your husband start one and then we can crochet in peace :)

LOL! My bf hates me crocheting....but he keeps buying me yarn, so I tell him all the time it's his fault I do so much of it. Everytime we go into Walmart, my son pitches a fit. He yells as loud as he can "Here we go with that yarn trash, right Mom?"

* Yes, I've heard "are you coming to bed tonight?" (there were a couple of nights I fell asleep while working under a very warm soft afghan a couple of weeks ago!)* When my daughter pretends to go to the store, she always says "I'll pick up some yarn for ya!"

* My WIPs are usually in coffee cans and I brought one with me to the hospital the other day to get a blood test that was going to take an hour plus whatever waiting time to actually get it. When I came home, my husband said "you didn't really take that with you, did you?"

I have one, Last month my sister got marry.Well while we were

waiting for the ceremony, I started to crochet,

my family didn't say anything (because they know I take

my crochet everywhere) but the people that were in

the room they just looked at me funny.:lol I just stared

back at them and just continue to crochet:hook

I have been here :rofl :rofl so hard I woke my husband up.

Now I know what I can call the yarn and thread in the bags on the floor of my middle room (good thing it is just the two of us).:pig :pig :pig

My problem is I keep getting rid of beds and chairs to make room for shelves and bins to hold my finished projects and left over yarn and such.

My hubby doesn't complain, because I do not complain about his cigar humidors.

So if they won't start a group for men, find them a hobby, so they won't bug you.:idea:scrachin

I don't quite fit all those, but I do admit I have YAS and PAS. I have more yarn than I know what it was bought for (yep, litter of pigs) and more patterns than I'll ever have time to work up!

I definitely fit the vacation one; :blush I actually had to go to Wal-Mart on a trip to my IL's house b/c I forgot to pack some toiletries and personal items. I made sure I had all my yarn before we left, though!!

Here's a few more to add to the list.

You Know You're Addicted to Crochet When:

* Your hubby asks if that's all the yarn you're bringing on a road trip

* Your kids ask if you're going to "crafts" when you pull into the Wal-Mart parking lot

* Your kids hide your hooks at crucial times of the day (ie, feeding times)

* You turn the house upside down looking for the hook you're using on your current project, only to find it dangling from the loop of the last stitch you made (happened today!)

* You get jealous when you share a pattern with a family member and they work 10 of it before you can finish your first one

I think I'm gonna stop now...I can stop any time I want...really, I can! :hook Just let me finish this row first...

I have been here :rofl :rofl so hard I woke my husband up.

Now I know what I can call the yarn and thread in the bags on the floor of my middle room (good thing it is just the two of us).:pig :pig :pig

My problem is I keep getting rid of beds and chairs to make room for shelves and bins to hold my finished projects and left over yarn and such.

My hubby doesn't complain, because I do not complain about his cigar humidors.

So if they won't start a group for men, find them a hobby, so they won't bug you.:idea:scrachin

That's exactly what I had to do get hubby to find a home hobby:lol He hunts and rides motorcycles but he really didn't have anything besides work to do at home. He started playing guitar again :) Now he doesn't complain about my crocheting he just goes and plays his guitar.

" You get preferred customer invitations to "see the new shipment of yarn before it's released to the public"

I wish!!!

Oh, I have some PIGs! didn't know what they were at first.

I have to admit, I'm not that bad! :clap :clap :clap :clap :cheer :cheer :cheer

But that is funny.

Amber

saw this somewhere else....

you know you're addicted when you've learned to eat cheetos (you know, the puffs?) with toothpicks so you don't get your fingers/yarn stained.....

I DID that before I read it...that was weird...I thought I was the only one:lol

Yeah for hubbys with hobbies! My dh is a gamer (video games), so that takes up some of his time while I'm crocheting, but for some reason he still expects me to feed him... I guess he'll learn.:devil

:rofl I love this! You've made my day. Thanks!

My husband keeps asking "Will you be using this?" And my bed doesn't have space enough to sleep on, now it's full of WIPs and PIGs...:blush

:rofl This sounds like me! Every night I have to clear the yarn, patterns, hooks, etc off our bed to sleep. It's a king size bed so you can imagine how much is on it! But to give my hubby kudos, he says nothing, just patiently waits because I won't let him help. He might mess up my mess!!!

Archived