Sprial Filet Shawl

JessR

I made this for a friend of mine as a surprise. She is studying to be a Priestess in her Circle so I made this for her. The triple spiral is intended to represent the Tridean Goddess :)

Here's the filet part (I pinned it for blocking)

IMG_2537.jpg

I haven't yet blocked the "wings" yet :)

I used the Celtic Knot Shawl pattern from Friendshipshawl.org as the basis, but obviously I modified the filet part to suit my needs.

This is the first filet project I've ever done so I'm kind of proud of how it turned out, even though it's not perfect :hook

Very nice! How's it feel to change and adapt a pattern to make it your own?

lol I actually felt kind of bad about it because the original pattern is so beautiful, but I couldn't find anything like what I was envisioning when I first set out to make it... I think to appease my conscience I'll have to make myself one following the original pattern ;):hook

The ancient structure Symb13s.gif has been found both in pre-Columbian America and in Bronze Age Europe. In Europe it is especially associated with the Celtic tribes.

These symbols are called triskele or triskelion.

The Triskele is used to symbolize the cycles of life with in the three fold, or three spheres of influnce in the material world.

The three spheres (Land, Sea and Sky) represents the three aspects of the material world that are contained in every object. Each aspect ever flowing outward and always returning to the point from which it started.

Blessed Be.

Archived