Just had to share...

I found some great deals today! I was at big lots and I found three cardboard boxes stuck in a VERY random place and they were all full of yarn! I got three skeins of Phentex fashion thirteen for $1 each which feels like lion suede, but less bulky and I'm going to make a purse from that, and I got three skeins of Paton's Carmen also $1 each and this stuff is SOOO soft. I'm going to make a scarf from it. I also got a skein of Lion Boucle in Jelly Bean that I'm going to use as doll hair for $1.50

I'm so excited!:clap

You GOOOOO Girl! Wish I could happen on some of those deals. hehe :) Bless your heart. I am so happy for you. Can't wait to see your projects.

God bless you.

Angel Hugs,

Peg

I just was talking about this on another thread. I made the mistake of walking in to the local Big Lots last week, and found a gold mine. I spent about $30, and not more than $2 on any of it. The $2 was spent on the single skein I found of Red Heart Soft Baby (6 oz). I found a bunch of really usable Paton's and other brands for $1.00 and $1.50 a skein. Some were Paton Glittalic (95% Polyester, 5% Lurex), Paton Lacette (39% Nylon, 36% Acrylic, 25% Mohair), Paton Brilliant (69% Acrylic, 31% Polyester), Premier Yarns Elite (100% Acrylic), Coats Schachenmayr Aurora (55% Cotton, 45% Acrylic) and Lion Suede Prints (100% Polyester). I will be happily busy for a few more days now. :)

Blessed Be.

Krystal ~ the Phentex Fashion 13 that feels like suede is chenille. It's great and will make up nice into a purse. It's best to use tight sts with it because chenille worms (crawls) out of the sts eventually ~ so I usually use sc, but hdc is OK too.

Archived