Help with Strawberry Motif

earthwhisper

Question

I am working on this pattern and my strawberry is not working out the right shape. I was hoping someone else can crochet the strawberry shape (without leaves) real quick to see if it is me or if it is the pattern. I have done it twice and come up with a really bizarre shape.

Here is the pattern. www.bhg.com/bhg/printable...=cat840009

Really it would only take about 5 minutes to crochet it to tell me if it looks like their strawberry. It is ch 5 and then 10 stitches. www.bhg.com/bhg/...cat840009

4 answers to this question

Hi again. :)

Here is my attempt at the strawberry. I compared it to the one in the cardigan picture and it looks similar. I couldn't tell what it was without the leaves, so I added them. :)

I apologize for such a crummy photo. My good, centered picture was lost between my camera and my computer. :)

strawberry.jpg

Okay, after figuring out what side is up, that is what I got too. It kind of looked funny to me, but I guess it is right. So, I decided to play with it a little bit and created a better looking strawberry.

This is the pattern I came up with.

Berry

With strawberry worsted yarn, ch 5

Sc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in each of next 2 ch; *work hdc, 3 dc, and hdc in last ch, repeat at *.

Working along opposite side of ch, hdc in next 2 ch, sc in last ch, sl in stitch on opposite side. fasten off.

Leaves

Join green with sl st in first dc at top of berry, (ch 3, sl st in next dc) twice, ch 3, sl st in next hdc, (ch 3, sl st in next dc) twice, sl in hdc; fasten off.

I am going to put a picture of it on my blog site so you can see the difference.

I really appreciate you for taking the time to do this for me.

crazycrafter.blogspot.com/

Theirs:

P10100101.jpg

Mine:

P10100091.jpg

Your pattern is so much cuter! It was a pleasure to help you out. :) I'm a big strawberry fan and that outfit is just precious! :)

Archived